Note to New Members ×

new boards for sale

philonroad

You guys are unreal,

D-sub post up recreational riders in qoutes and you go crazy over that.

Really thats what this site is and what we are all.

Eaglez you sure are a lemming man way to think out side the box.

Is your self esteem really so low?

I know what I do and have done for this sport.

My e-store may not be your favorite but its mine.

And yea that make no sence a guy who knows his snowboard stuff trying to sell stuff to the masses. Why would you want to by gear from a guy in the know. Go buy it at wal-mart then? Haven't I even sold you something?

Why are you always such a tool?

You know you can block my post then I won't have to shove anything up my butt as you put it.

There was no malice in recreational rider when I posted it.

go read my post and think for your self. here's a guy tring to help a friend selling boards out, and help Some BOL guy get a smoking deal. Why everyone jumps on the insult band wagon cuz-d-sub did?

And then of course theres my outlook of Phil being at camp at Copper with every pro racer in North America and when they talk about how you guys treated Phil becuase d-sub was a dick to they guy first. (go back and reread)

Sure that make this community so much more atractive to Phil and the other riders and when they think of where to sell their super bad ass race stock gear do you think they are coming back here. Less gear for you guys. Not me I don't need BOL to score gear but I do care how other riders view it.

And then of course theres my outlook of Phil being at camp at Copper with every pro racer in North America and when they talk about how you guys treated Phil becuase d-sub was a dick to they guy first. (go back and reread)

Bordy! Are you kidding me? I "started it?" NONSENSE! I was doing something helpful, and merely admitted that I'm "anal." I posted the pics upright. Come on, dude!

And I couldnt care less what all the racers in north america think!

Some people complain that racers don't come here. People who know racers say it's because racers don't feel respected here because people put their knowledge/ability in doubt. Yet, racers come here to unload their used stuff. When they do, they have little posts, so people don't know if the seller is reliable. The someone who knows the racer says: "He's racer, I know him, he's reliable". Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. In this case, racer was rude, so people are less likely to respect him or find him reliable to get his stuff. Racer never comes back because he feels he is not respected.

Wheel goes round.

Who's fault is it? Nobody, it's the internet, that how it is.

:lurk:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Isn't this fun!!! Derf, Phil just reinforced the stereotype that most of North America has about people from your country (I say country because it is only a matter of time). :D

And Bordy, yep, I did buy some used gear from you. The transaction went well. But as I walk out of a store happy with my purchase and the store owner yells out something disrespectful about me to his "better" customers, like you just did to all of us, I call him on it. As you said, you don't need BOL. So maybe you should step off. Again!

And just in case you weren't aware of the score:

philonroad #1

if you can t put you re head on the side you should try a new sport

philonroad #2

do you want one or not.

philonroad #3

you probably wouldn t be able to handle it anyways

Those 3 comments were mashed into the keyboard in response to an interested person adjusting the orientation of the posted photos (thanks would be in order imho) and asking for more info about the boards. Three strikes = dick! :smashfrea

Bordy! Are you kidding me? I "started it?" NONSENSE! I was doing something helpful, and merely admitted that I'm "anal." I posted the pics upright. Come on, dude!

And I couldnt care less what all the racers in north america think!

Dave why do you take offernce to a guy saying "if you can't put you re head on the side you should try a new sport"

it seems pretty funny to my then in your next post you call the guy a prick.........

:confused:

Then you post select content from my post and add a negitive flair to it.

Why? :mad:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Isn't this fun!!! Derf, Phil just reinforced the stereotype that most of North America has about people from your country (I say country because it is only a matter of time). :D

And Bordy, yep, I did buy some used gear from you. The transaction went well. But as I walk out of a store happy with my purchase and the store owner yells out something disrespectful about me to his "better" customers, like you just did to all of us, I call him on it. As you said, you don't need BOL. So maybe you should step off. Again!

And just in case you weren't aware of the score:

philonroad #1

if you can t put you re head on the side you should try a new sport

D-sub

but you sound like a prick, so no...no interest.

philonroad #2

do you want one or not.

philonroad #3

you probably wouldn t be able to handle it anyways

Those 3 comments were mashed into the keyboard in response to an interested person adjusting the orientation of the posted photos (thanks would be in order imho) and asking for more info about the boards. Three strikes = dick! :smashfrea

You and Dave decided my comment was negitive. Not me.

And then you go on a rant how " I" feel about the BOL memebers

I really take offence to that, becuase thats How you think I feel.

Didn't I take time to help you with a personal purchase from me not my company.

But your response is I should get off the Board. again becuase I stoppped posting after growing tired of posters like you insulting me personally from thousand of miles away behind a keyboard.

It was really kind words from Fin that brought me back to the board again. I decided then I would not allow some things to bother me about the board and I learned how to ommit post of people so....good bye I think I'll just take you off my verson of BOL you can do the same with me since I have said so many mean things to you personally. :cool:

well i didnt think that wanted to try selling a few good new race boards would create such drama. wow.

yes im french canadian and ride for canada. but i tought snowboarding was like a big family and never had any problem with this traveling around to compete around the world.

i understand now tha ton this web site people just love to fire up discussions. but also that some more quiet people are really looking for boards.

this is why im putting those here...to offer someone a nice ride for a reasonable price instead of wasting those boards in my parents basement.

sorry to creatre such drama because if i posted the photos in the good view the site wouldn t accept it because it was too big. i m not a computer genious. i just snowboard.

so just to let you know that i didnt mean to create such confusion and debate. i have other good boards for sell but i think next time i ll think twice before offering them to you guys if this is how you respond to RACERS like some of you love to call us...just realise we are tho ones making new boards and making sure hte sport moves on with equipment.

and for all the guys that do appreciate a nice ride just email me instead i think it will be lots easyer.

and thanks billy... i ll see you on the slopes this season.

cheers,

phil

phil on road

welcome to the two way street

we don't understand your scene and you don't understand ours

by all means cull your quiver here

about a third of us use hardboots

anything you offer that's any good will get snapped right up

as ariane will tell you she moved boards here last week

of most interest to everyone right now would be some riser plates

got any

how bout titanal boards

about a third of us use hardboots

:confused::confused::confused:

Huh? I'm in the wrong website then!

Phil,

Welcome to the forum, sorry it got off on the wrong foot. Lots of people are PMSing because they're jonsing to ride.

I can see how D-sub took the "find a new sport" comment offensive. I can also see how it could have been meant as a joke. Can we all try to put the safety back on the hair-triggers?

Bordy, don't leave, we need ya bud.

Some people complain that racers don't come here. People who know racers say it's because racers don't feel respected here because people put their knowledge/ability in doubt. Yet, racers come here to unload their used stuff. When they do, they have little posts, so people don't know if the seller is reliable. The someone who knows the racer says: "He's racer, I know him, he's reliable". Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. In this case, racer was rude, so people are less likely to respect him or find him reliable to get his stuff. Racer never comes back because he feels he is not respected.

Wheel goes round.

Who's fault is it? Nobody, it's the internet, that how it is.

:lurk:

well said!

divebomber, right on the border allot of french canadiens do suck to deal with but it's because they have to deal all sorts of pain in the ass americans and canadians from NB or on the other side ontario also something that is noteworthy is that the french, french canadians and germans as well tend to be right to the point allot of the time.

Another thing to remember is that 1 english may not be a posters first language so even if they are very fluent they may not catch subtlety and 2 people who do not frequent online message boards may not understand proper online etiquette.

Phil,

I suspect that the next time you post something, many will remember who you are. As pointed out early in the thread, very few of us knew your background when you posted. If you'd pointed out who you were (maybe a simple, "I am/used to be on the Canadian team and I have some of my old team gear to unload") we'd have been more accepting. Keep in mind that lots of people come onto this, and other boards and try to sell stuff for outrageous prices or with lame/inadequate descriptions. Sometimes they deserve a quick education, other times they are just trying to make a quick buck. As for the comment about the sideways photos, I just read that as the normal BOL good-natured ribbing for being a computer idjit. We all do it sometimes, and most of us have been guilty of computer illiteracy at times (or just plain illiteracy in some cases). The Quebecois thing? Come on guys. That's sarcasm on the internet. It doesn't work, often offends, and never comes out like we intended. Look at how wrapped around the axle Bordy has gotten over this whole recreational carver vs. racer issue. He started a whole thread about it. Heck, I'm pretty sure he even proof-read the first post in that new thread before he hit the submit button - that's a commitment from Bordy (that was sarcasm on the internet, BTW). I think I mentioned this already. I suspect that if you deleted this entire post, and reposted the boards for sale, you'd find a much more accepting response.

Some of the characters we see around here:

centurion.jpgdiplomat.jpgduelists.jpgbong.jpgtarget.jpg

As for the comment about the sideways photos, I just read that as the normal BOL good-natured ribbing for being a computer idjit.

I wasn't "ribbing" anyone. I can't stand photos that havent been rotated so I did it for him. I lightened one up a little, too. Or did you meant that you thought phil was just ribbing me?

Gentlemen

Please, rapier sarcasim or pent up anger I am not shure which but it really needs to be toned down!!!!! Take it from the master at starting **** on this site everyone relax, I promise the snow will come soon and we can all spend our energy on riding instead of blazing one another.

Think Snow

I wasn't "ribbing" anyone. I can't stand photos that havent been rotated so I did it for him. I lightened one up a little, too. Or did you meant that you thought phil was just ribbing me?

I certainly didnt think he was ribbing, he didnt appear to have a sense of humor. Perhaps if he had said something such as "the pictures are that way so it will look right when you're layin it down!".

But I believed he was truly being a jerk, proved, when he followed up with the "you couldn't handle it anyway".

and this didn't help either: "just realise we are tho ones making new boards and making sure hte sport moves on with equipment. "

Tops it off with a bit of arrogance no? :nono:

Just don't be an arrogant jerk, and everything will be ok, oh and use your mouth and ears proportinally :biggthump

that's crap Mark, it's never going to snow again. We are all done riding. Everyone, it is a drought that means no snow. keep your mtn bikes and long boards out, it is the only exercise you will get this winter. brace yourself for the cold so that you are reminded that winter is here, that's not going to disappear. for those in the gray areas of the world, get the prozak and double your dosage. the clouds won't clear till June

Everyone who bought new equipment. ha haa, you suckers. Screw the new stuff to your walls. at least there you will be able to think about using it, it sure as hell won't be on the snow this year.:AR15firin