Note to New Members ×

Coiler, Donek, Deeluxe Suzukas, Race Plates, Cateks, Helmet, Race Suit FS

jhcolman

Hi All

We have a variety of alpine snowboard race gear to move out of our basement. These are listed below. Here's the gear and the pics.

- - SOLD - Coiler World Cup Custom built GS race snowboard - this board was built for Rosey Fletcher - US World Cup Snowboard Team - in 2004. It has all of Bruce's bells and whistles. Rosey road it afew times, and then decided to go with Kesler, as did most of the WC riders by that time. The board is 173 cm long, 18 waist, 5.5 stiff, no taper. Bruce's custom WC race construction. My son weighed about 125 lbs and was 5 foot 4 during the 1st year he rode the board. It was (for that year) an awesome board for him. By the next year, he had grown and gained substantial weight, growing to 5 foot 8 or 9 and weighing in at 140 lbs. We should have gone for a new board that year, but did not. It was (in hindsight) too soft for him. The critical elements of the board (the base and the edges) are in very good condition and very well maintained. Infact, you will find the base very very fast and the edges quite sharp. I would not have the base ground this season. The edges are also quite sharp, and are at 1 degree base bevel and 2 degrees side. There is lots of metal edge left. The top sheet does have scratches and the edges of the top sheet are well nicked. So the board looks used, but it rides very very well. The board really helped him advance his riding that year. I would strongly recommend it to the right rider. We paid Rosey $325 US (then about $375 Cdn.) 2 seasons ago (my son rode it for 2 seasons). Bruce sells the boards new for about $850 Cdn. + 13% pst/gst + shipping. It yours for $300 Cdn. The board is royal blue.

- SOLD - Donek GS - this is a 160 cm or so custom built Donek GS race board. We bought it from a very strong 14 year old rider on the USASA circuit. It is a more "lively" board than the Coiler (i.e. somewhat stiffer and more reactive). I would guess that this board is a 7 or so stiff, on the Coiler scale. My son was 12 when we acquired the board. He was then (I am guessing) around 105 lbs and maybe 4 foot 10 or 5 foot. This was his second carving board; he previously rode a Burton factory prime. This board also helped him advance, as it was much narrower and quicker (edge to edge) than the Burton. However, it was abit stiff during his first year of riding it. He grew further in his second year on the board (age 13, then weighing say 115 lbs and mearuing 5 foot 2. The board worked well for him that year. So I would say this would be a good board for a strong rider weighing 115 lbs or more and say 5 foot or more. The weight and riding strength are key, to flex the board. Donek sells it's stock boards today for $650 US; plus another $250 for "Olympic Construction". Their custom boards (which this was) sell for $1,100. Plus gst/pst and shipping. A great price at $250. Again, the base of this board is in very good condition, as are the edges. The top sheet has scratches and nicks. The board is dark red.

- A pair of Deluxe Suzukas, mondo 25.0 to 25.5. This is one of the best alpine snowboard boots around. The boot and the thermoflex liner are mondo 25.0 to 25.5. Mat rode this model, until he switched to Deluxe Indy's. Pony rides Suzukas. These boots have 2 seasons on them. They have a Thermoflex liner (that we paid a further $100 for) that has been heat fit 2x and can be heat fit about 5 more times. This gives you a very snug custom fit. These boots were perfect for my son over the past 2 years. Just the right balance of flex and stiffness. He is staying with the same brand and model, but a size up, as these are now too small for him. The boots sell new for around $500 at the store. FS used @ $250. To determine size, draw a pencil line around your foot. Draw a line parallel to the front toe and the rear heal. Draw carefully. Measure the distance between the front and rear lines. That will be your size. Also try the shell test. Place your foot in a Deeluxe boot shell, without the liner. You should be able to fit in 2 fingers, one of top of the other finger; ie about 2 cm of room, for the liner.

- - SOLD - 2 Pairs (2 front and 2 rear) of Burton Raceplates plus 2 rear cants (risers) plus various spare parts (numerous 4 and 2 hole disks, metal plates, etc.). I would suggest that these Raceplates be used by lighter, less aggressive riders. My son road them last season (digging trenches with his 145 lbs.) and I worried alot; just waited for one foot to come loose, break off. Didn't happen, but I sure worried alot. His coach said they were just fine, but I still worried. FYI, we bought the bindings used. We changed out 2 of the front bales (we bought Squire John's inventory of spare parts), so the front bales on one of the pairs are relatively new. Here's what I would suggest. Buy the bindings if your son or daughter is on the lighter side (say under 110 lbs) and not overly aggressive. Then have your coach take them apart and check them out to be sure. You should have enough parts here to get atleast one full pair of decent race plates; maybe even 2. But do have them checked carefully. Maybe I worry too much. After all, one of our trenchdigger riders rode RacePlates, he was one muscular aggressive rider and he did fine. The Plates are yours for $50 total, for the 2 pair.

- Solomon helmet - Speed Concept - Size 55-56 cm. Red. Probably sells for $75 to $100 new today. No cracks or dents. Some scratches. $35.

- SOLD One Custom Made, fleece insulated speed racing suit - we bought this suit from a racing family. They had it custom made for their son. It has neoprene like exterior and a fleece interior. So it gives you all the benefits of a speed suit, plus abit of warmth. The measurements are as follows: crotch to end of leg: 68 cm to 72 cm stretched. armpit to wrist - 42 cm to say 44 cm stretched. Neck: 42 cm round. Torso -crotch to neck: 66 to 72 cm stretched. Waist - about 72 cm around. I took these measurements from the garment. The suit is black, with some blue/green/yellow patterned stripes, and blue arms, with the same stripes. Any boy would be happy with it. No significant rips or tears (that I could see). We were quite pleased with the suit. Race suits sell for $300 to $400 today. FS @ $75

- SOLD - Catek World Cup Series 1P Bindings - For those trench diggers out there. These are solid bindings. Immediate transmition of boot movement to the edge. $50.

We"ll, that it for the basement sale. Got to make room for that new board that Bruce is building.

Email or post if you have any questions. jhcolman@rogers.com

Cheers

Julian Colman

post-737-141842239037_thumb.jpg

post-737-141842239039_thumb.jpg

post-737-14184223904_thumb.jpg