Note to New Members ×

Tune shops in Washington or Idaho panhandle

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain

[re-posting from NorthWest forum]

can anyone recommend an excellent tune shop anywhere from seattle to coeur d'alene? i have some new boards to be bevelled, and i don't want to do it myself.

everyone here seems to recommend PTC, but i'd prefer not to incur the expense and wear-and-tear of round-trip cross-country shipping, if i can find comparable quality locally.

thanks.

Guest AllMountain

thanks for the recommendation. unfortunately, world cup is booked out past the couple of days i'm going to be in seattle next wk.

i did find some info on sturtevant's in bellevue. apparently, they had a bad reputation, but got some very expensive new equipment 2 yrs ago: a "montana snow cruiser" (click here to see it).

has anyone used them since they upgraded their equipment?

i don't want to put my expensive new boards at risk, but if sturtevant's is known to be reliable, it would save me a lot of money over shipping them to PTC.

I had Sturdevants do my freeride board a awhile back -- I felt it was not a very good job - but that is just one data point. Ask to see samples of their work.

I am not surprised World Cup is backlogged. I did like their work and equipment.

Maybe they will mail them back to ya..did you ask?

Good Luck

Well, I can't tell you from first hand experience because I haven't had any tuning done by them, but there is Seattle Ski & Snowboard on Aurora at like 149th in Shoreline. I'm having my new footbeds done by them next week and having my new UPZ's blown out by their bootfitter.

Haven't been there yet, so I can report back on how that goes. Dont' know about board tuning though.

The other option is Snowboard Connection under the Alaska Way viaduct in Pioneer Square.

Again, I haven't had them do tuning but I bought my board there last year and they are exclusively a snowboard shop.

Sturtevants does my boards. They do have some people who can do race tunes and one of the World Cup employees just came back to the shop and he has an extensive race tune background. That said, they may not have a race board back ground. Ask for Tim and see if he or Mark can help you out. Dont know about turn around but since there was a big sale last weekend, expect a backlog.