Note to New Members ×

Pro racers still riding burton?

DiveBomber

what's so confusing? Burton is a sponsor of US snowboarding...

Do all of the athletes use Visa cards to buy their nature valley granola bars that they eat while driving their chevy trucks (insured by state farm) while talking on their sprint phones on the way to the Nike store?

I think not...

Since the USSA gives what seems like no financial support to Alpine SB athletes, you wear any free gear you can get your hands on. Burton gave them those suits years ago, and they'll keep wearing them until they fall apart.

Interestingly, I saw WC athletes as recently as a few years ago still using old Burton race plate bindings and some old Burton hard boots.

Those suits are nice! I had one for a while last year. They are not made by Burton - just a Burton logo on 'em as they sponsor the US team. There was talk in another thread that the padding is insignificant...not the case...the padding on these suits is heavy duty and thick, placement is snowboard specific, and there is extra protective material on the knees.

:lurk:

Those suits are nice! I had one for a while last year. They are not made by Burton - just a Burton logo on 'em as they sponsor the US team. There was talk in another thread that the padding is insignificant...not the case...the padding on these suits is heavy duty and thick, placement is snowboard specific, and there is extra protective material on the knees.

:lurk:

any idea where I can get one?

Im looking for a suit pretty quickly, that doesnt look gay!

DB - I know where you can get one, but I ain't tellin' ya after that comment about French-Canadians and Canadians in general. I count a lot of those folks as my good friends. They are good people and talented athletes, just like ours here in the US are. I raced skateboard slalom with a lot of them this past summer and they were helpful, friendly, and FAST! And their hospitality when you visit their country is the best. :)

I raced skateboard slalom with a lot of them this past summer and they were helpful, friendly, and FAST! And their hospitality when you visit their country is the best. :)

Kebeck... Claude and his friends, are great folk for sure.

(trying to keep my SL career top secert) ;)

Kebeck... Claude and his friends, are great folk for sure.

(trying to keep my SL career top secert) ;)

Yup, Claude - along with the Fullbag and Kebbek teams - were a HUGE help to me getting back into skate slalom after 22 years away, and having some success. You should definitely join in on the racing next summer if you can - it's an incredibly good time. You have some of the best SL racers in the US out that way in Colorado...Mitch and the COSS crew. Sweeeeeeeet!!! :cool:

DB - I know where you can get one, but I ain't tellin' ya after that comment about French-Canadians and Canadians in general. I count a lot of those folks as my good friends. They are good people and talented athletes, just like ours here in the US are. I raced skateboard slalom with a lot of them this past summer and they were helpful, friendly, and FAST! And their hospitality when you visit their country is the best. :)

I was just kidding, :D but heck, even one of their countrymen, sided with that perspective!, However I did not say anything about canadians in general.

Oh Candana Our home and native land!

and some other words I can't under stand!

oh well, C'est la Vie!

attitude is everything :biggthump