Note to New Members ×

Track 700 VS Head Stratos Pro

queequeg

So, I just preordered a BTS system and I'm wondering if it might make sense to trade up my Stratos for a pair of Track 700s and I'm wondering what the pros/cons of this might be (stated support for the BTS aside).

My main interest in the Track 700s, is as follows:

-No need to drill/customize boot to get the BTS in.

-BTS was designed to work with Deeluxe boots.

-Seemingly, a better liner.

-They look badass.

-lower-profile buckles that are (somewhat) less likely to drag and come unlatched mid-carve. (the head buckles are huge and burly to their credit, but they are very high profile).

My questions are mainly:

-How does the track 700 shell compare with the stratos in stiffness? from what I've read my guess is that they are probably about the same, possibly with the 700 being a bit stiffer?

-give two pairs of boots with the same MP, which will have a longer base length - the 700t or the head?

-If I take a 26.6mp in the head, will this also work fine for deeluxe, or are they a little different.

-I understand head boots are a bit wider, how much narrower will the 700t be?

-My head boots feel a little tight at the very end of the toes (my feet are not particularly wide) what is toeroom like in the track700s?

Any/all insight into these boots compared would be most appreciated. If I make the jump, you'll probably see my stratos up on the FS board shortly.

Don't know anything about the Head boots. I just bought the Track 700 T. The forward flex of the boot is rather soft. So I bought some new springs overhere in the Netherlands. These springs fits even better than the original ones because these springs are smaller than the bomber ones (green spring from AsRaymond, outside diameter 19.05mm, inside 9.53mm, 57.15 Newton/mm) See pic.

Two reasons why the Track 700 is softer than the former Indy:

- softer tongue

- material of the boot seems a little softer and thinnier than the Indy's.

- liner is thiner and less stiff than the former thermo.

But I have to try them in the snow and with some cold. Think the tongue is gonna be a little more stiffer when it's gonna be influenced by the cold. I already did the tongue in my freezer for 10 minutes and they went a lot stiffer. I also have the racetongues but I don't like the stiffness of these tongues at my lower shins. Too much pressure on it, and I think they are gonna be much/too stiff in the cold.

Rooms for the toes: enough for my wide flat feet and very high arch.

You can read more overhere from my topic:http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=16933

post-105-141842238936_thumb.jpg

i'm also switching from Stratos Pros to probably the 700s. however i'm also looking at the 325s. 700s are supposed to be stiffer, but anybody have input on how much stiffer?

325's are stiffer than the 700. 325 are for people with small feet.

325's are stiffer than the 700. 325 are for people with small feet.

I've heard lots of conflicting reports with regards to the stiffness of the 700, It seems to me like there must be different versions floating around.

One of the things that your earlier response makes me think of is, that the Stratos Pros are known for having consistent shell stiffness throughout a range of temperatures (I take it from your report that the track 700 does not). That seems like a big plus on the side of the stratos, I like the idea of having my boots feel basically the same across a wide range of temperatures (even if the snow feels different).

I've heard lots of conflicting reports with regards to the stiffness of the 700, It seems to me like there must be different versions floating around

Don't think so, the only that can differ with these boots are the interchangable tongueversions from the former Indy which have the same size with this item number

Indy Race Zungen

Artikel Nummern:

56530-1000-9080

in der Größen 25 - 27.5

which I already have as described before.

I've heard lots of conflicting reports with regards to the stiffness of the 700, It seems to me like there must be different versions floating around.

More likely that the conflict is due to subjective testing. One person's stiff might be another person's flexible!

Try them head to head (or is that foot to foot? or is that Head to DeeLuxe?) and form your own opinion through your own subjective testing.

How about this, try putting them in the freezer then testing the stiffness and flex. Room temp is No way to judge the way the boot flex will react in actual on snow temps.

Thanks Bobby, read my former post carefully. I did put the standard tongues from my 700 T in the freezer for about 10 till 15 minutes by minus 18 degrees celsius. They became some stiffer. Thanks for bringing it up for those he didn't catch it :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just try Deeluxe Track 700, 325, 225 and Head Stratos Pro today.

I used to ride with Raichlee AF600 MP27.5 (I choose too big at the time...)

For me, the 700 is the same as my old AF600 but with real buckles.

I find the 700 bigger than the 325/225 boots for toes space and for the heel. The 325 and the 225 are the same boots except the 325 is a bit stiffer. I felt the 700 a bit stiffer than the 325.

I had a similar fit in MP27 in the 700 and MP26.5 in the 225. The 700 MP27 was 299mm long and and the 225 MP26.5 was 285mm.

My AF600 MP27.5 was also 299mm long. So the Track700 MP27/AF 600 MP27.5 share the same shell, probably the Track700 MP27 liner is bigger.

I was fitting well in a Stratos Pro MP27. It seems better quality than the Deeluxe product.

Since I want to use the BTS and and i do not want to alter the boots to have it. I'll probably go with a 325.

I bought a pair of used Indies last year and the former owner removed the top buckle and replaced it with a power strap. Infinite adjustable flex. It really works good. I was thinking about getting a BTS, but I don't think I need it with this set up. Power straps are cheap.

I ride with the BTS and a boosterstrap

the BTS definately is very noticable, smoother ride by a long shot.

If I had to live with only one bomber product it would be the BTS, the TD2 is probably my favorite binding but the BTS makes a bigger difference in my riding than the td2

Hi,

I had a similar fit in MP27 in the 700 and MP26.5 in the 225. The 700 MP27 was 299mm long and and the 225 MP26.5 was 285mm.

My AF600 MP27.5 was also 299mm long. So the Track700 MP27/AF 600 MP27.5 share the same shell, probably the Track700 MP27 liner is bigger.

Never ever try on boots WITH their liners. Liners will compress an the boot will be far to big. If you're comfortable in a 26.5 MP 325 either buy a MP 25.5 700 or MP26.5 700. 27.5 will be far too big after 7-10days riding, and why use more boot overhang than needed?

I have used 325 Ltd, then AF600 and now again old 325. Going from old 325 (295mm shell length) to AF600 with 299mm shell length was allright in the beginning, but once the liner had packed out they were way too big. Had I tested without liner I would have noticed that while the 325 was a smaller than 1 finger fit, the AF600 was bigger than 1 finger fit. Now I use a 26.5 325 in 285mm (0 finger fit, without liner I touch both at the front and back of the boot), but I had to cut away the toebox to fit in (cut of about the first 3cm of the liner at the sides and everything at the front). I imagine getting cold feet on really cold days but will use a bootwarmer (above the shell) on really cold days. At -10° Celsius it was still allright. The toebox provides way more room on the AF600/700 Suzuka/Indy boots than with the 325 series. Also with low arch AF600 ment for me that I had to buckle down completely the 2. strap and it still wasn't tight enough so my heel lifted upwards a tiny bit on FS.

AF600 was a bit softer than 325 for me. Once racing tongues put into the 325 they are a lot harder (attention there were 3 different tongues for the old 325. At some point the hard tongues become the racing tongues, old racing tongues were not sold anymore, and a softer new normal tongue introduced.)

Liners also differ overall stiffnes a lot. Thermoflex will make a boot stiffer than the standard Non-Thermo liner. Getting a custom foam liner (like Inutionns) will easily surpass both Raichle liners in stiffnes by far, if you choose hard foam. I would expect the softest foam to be about the same stiffnes as Thermoflex.

I have another opinion about fitting boots than Felix. My feet perfectly fit in a 26,0 Raichle/Deeluxe boot without liners. But because of my high arch, I possibly can't close my boots (especially that second strap). So I always need a 27,0 boot. With skiboots I even needed a 28,0 sometimes because I can't get into my boots because of that archthing. Therefore I always prefer thermoflex or foamliners. Even if your boots are a little too big, the foamliners in combo with good professional insoles will fix the problem. But cost you some. Advantage here is that your feet are never cold, you don't get cramps and you never have to use that bootwarmers.

May be Felix' story counts for man with normal feet. But not for me.

So fitting is a very personal thing, just as ridingstyles are :biggthump

Just my 2 cents.

Get ye to a competent bootfitter. He may grind down the footboard of a smaller boot so that there is enough space for your arch. I've got the oppsite problem - low arch. Allways easier to make a small boot bigger than to fill up space with foam etc though.

Get ye to a competent bootfitter. He may grind down the footboard of a smaller boot so that there is enough space for your arch. I've got the oppsite problem - low arch. Allways easier to make a small boot bigger than to fill up space with foam etc though.

Thanks Felix for the good tip. I have a very good bootfitter: Strolz. You can't grind down the footboard of a Deeluxe hardboot because it's an integrated system. A Deeluxe hardboot hasn't a seperate footboard.

For my Strolz Raceplates they downgrinded my footboards. But it's a whole piece of work to get into those boots. But they fit perfectly with the Strolzfoamliners.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Maybe people like Leitner would find a solution anyhow. I mean grinding down a shell from inside is possible, why souldn't grinding down that built in footboard of the Raichles not work? While Strolz deals mostly with tourists, Schuhsport Leitner deals with many many racers.

Getting into boots is more difficult the smaller and stiffer they are, that's correct. I can't get into my skiingboots once their cold, except if only wearing Nylons and having one person to tear with all his mighty on the tongue. As long as they are warm, it's no (big) problem. Takes me about a minute for each boot nevertheless with strong stomping onto the ground. For some boots you even have to first get into the liner, and then with the liner on your foot get into the shell as it won't work otherwise. Luckily Snowboard Hardboots are nowhere as stiff as skiboots for racing (those boots are not sold at average shops - as without grinding and widening nearly noone fits in).

I have just received my T700 from BlueTomato. Before odering them, I tried them with the regular liner. M27.5 was really too small (in length) and M28 perfect (my foot was quite tighten but the liner should compress to perfectly fit after couple of days of use). Note that the size of the shell changes between M27.5 and M28. Without liner, I found that M27.5 was a bit to small (less than one finger). So I ordered the M28 (two fingers) with the thermoliners. But these liners are thiner than the regular ones and I am now afraid that M28 might be too long. The thermo liners come without insole. I have to add one, so I expect that with this extra layer, once the liners modled, my boots will fit good.

I have the Stratos Pro, and I wanted to change because they fit to wide for my feet. The T700 I received are like 5mm longer than the Head.