Note to New Members ×

new family member

Gecko

Well I couldn't stand it I needed another man in the house so my wife and I added a kitten to the house so now we have 3 cats and a dog. Our GSP loves him....the other 2 cats however seem insulted....well they'll get over it...and his name is Grommet

post-507-141842237354_thumb.jpg

Well I guess you could call him a common farm cat, he's mostly tabby with maybe a bit of calico. His brothers and sisters were all the various shades of tabby, there were even two girl kittens with his coloring. I've just never seen/had a cat with his coloring before. He's also the mellowest cat/kitten that I've ever had...my other two cats are still on perturbed about Gommet's joining the family...they come to investigate, he goes to say hi, they growl and hiss he walks away like "hey it's your loss I'm just trying to be friendly" one of my cats is getting more adventurous and will likely be quite friendly by the end of the week. The other still only tolerates the dog and she's been around for 18 month so I'm sure it's gonna take her time to adjust...BTW Grommet's asleep on my lap as I type

Well I guess you could call him a common farm cat, he's mostly tabby with maybe a bit of calico. His brothers and sisters were all the various shades of tabby, there were even two girl kittens with his coloring. I've just never seen/had a cat with his coloring before. He's also the mellowest cat/kitten that I've ever had...my other two cats are still on perturbed about Gommet's joining the family...they come to investigate, he goes to say hi, they growl and hiss he walks away like "hey it's your loss I'm just trying to be friendly" one of my cats is getting more adventurous and will likely be quite friendly by the end of the week. The other still only tolerates the dog and she's been around for 18 month so I'm sure it's gonna take her time to adjust...BTW Grommet's asleep on my lap as I type

Congrats on the new family. I had an awesome, awesome cat that I loved dearly named Grommet as well. He was so cool, would go on hikes with me, travelled easily in the car, would sometimes hide and fake ambush (no claws) me if I didn't see him in time. Sure do miss that dude as I type this.