Clydesdale class challenge.

carvedog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 dance classes this week. food intake is pretty good. no candy ( really i don't even eat most candy, cept maybe a lil piece of dark choc every now and then)

i've been craving mexican but i won't give in!!! LOL

if i can get the bf to go out dancing tonight that will be another workout :)

Mmm, Ais, what's wrong with Mexican? Chicken, beans, salsa, mexican rice and guacamole, all that good stuff ... yuuuuuuummmmm.

I like Fridays. My Friday workout is easy in comparison to the rest of the week.

Allee, problem is i tend to love the chimichanga and other such fried lovelies LOL

that's because they replaced fat with muscle!:biggthump muscle is heavier so less muscle is put on than fat is removed size wise.

I would encourage all of you to forget the scales and use a body fat measuring system or simple waist and neck measurements instead. weight is a poor indicator of fitness and strength. Just be sure to use the same method each time and use the same instrument or person to do the measuring so you get a consistent result. women will often maintain the same average weight and men will often gain weight as their fitness levels improve.

When you are my size, weight loss is the first key. If I were to stay the same weight but all lean muscle mass, I'd look like the hulk...

When you are my size, weight loss is the first key. If I were to stay the same weight but all lean muscle mass, I'd look like the hulk...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too. Thanks for the laugh. My main goal is to fit into my damn pants.

Aisling,

To get away from Chimis ( one of my faves ) I had to find a burrito place that has this cabo sauce that rocks. Who knows it probably has as much fat as a chimi but it doesn't give you the bloat after.

Stay away from the chips too. Seems they are always deep fried. :(

Going hiking tomorrow. Ok, Ok. Hunting is pretty close to hiking for me as I rarely get anything. I just make my yearly contribution to Fish and Game.

And they are blowing snow clear to the bottom of the mtn today. :biggthump

noah,

you prob don't know my other alias is Burrito Bill.

and no, I don't still live in a van down by the river....close to the health club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axXjt7Nf7aE

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7j5ZqWgYg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7j5ZqWgYg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Got a nice hike in on Sat. evening. Indian summer beautiful crisp and cold.

Split wood for three hours Sunday. Not whole body but good workout.

The funny thing is Willy, I did used to live in a van down by the river. Until one day someone stole my solar shower that I would leave out on the rocks. So I moved further out of town.

i threw out my back today in a desperation move at clinical. a patient was about to poop all over the floor unless i got her on the commode immediately...

so...

forgetting all proper body mechanics i just lifted her dead weight up, set her on the commode JUST in time to prevent disaster...

paid for it with my back but i think it was worth it

You're about 5 months behind schedule!!!!

I'm not convinced losing weight for snowboard racing is going to help. There are a lot of REALLY fast fatasses on the circuit. But, the fastest of the fast guys are usually the most "fit"....

So, do whatever you need to do to get "fit" and then balance you diet...the body will naturally follow.

That said, IMO snowboard racing (as with ski racing) is about power and agility. Endurance was left out when everything went parallel and combined times went south.

IMO, the priority is:

1) Food - don't eat like **** (easy enough)

2) Agility - plyometrics (they are boring, but they help when done 2x/day)

3) Power - You're not dead lifting a car, focus on 10-15 reps with HEAVY weight...total body.

4) Cardio - Skip the running, hit the threadmill at MAX incline (15%) for 45 minutes at whatever speed you want (walking, basically). Do that THREE times a week

Of course..there is no better practice for snowboarding than snowboarding. Hit the slope, a lot. Ride fast, ride hard.

You're about 5 months behind schedule!!!!

I'm not convinced losing weight for snowboard racing is going to help. There are a lot of REALLY fast fatasses on the circuit. But, the fastest of the fast guys are usually the most "fit"....

So, do whatever you need to do to get "fit" and then balance you diet...the body will naturally follow.

That said, IMO snowboard racing (as with ski racing) is about power and agility. Endurance was left out when everything went parallel and combined times went south.

IMO, the priority is:

1) Food - don't eat like **** (easy enough)

2) Agility - plyometrics (they are boring, but they help when done 2x/day)

3) Power - You're not dead lifting a car, focus on 10-15 reps with HEAVY weight...total body.

4) Cardio - Skip the running, hit the threadmill at MAX incline (15%) for 45 minutes at whatever speed you want (walking, basically). Do that THREE times a week

Of course..there is no better practice for snowboarding than snowboarding. Hit the slope, a lot. Ride fast, ride hard.

So does that mean you're in?

If so just post back what you ARE doing.

for the car?

Yep, for the car! Very exciting! I do feel bad about not making it to the gym, but not so bad that I didn't have my scheduled day off on Wednesday... I did Pilates and hammered my abs for 30 minutes at lunch to compensate.

Today was legs day, and heavy legs too (sets of 5). Legs day bites.

So does that mean you're in?

If so just post back what you ARE doing.

Sure, I'm in.

I swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles and ran a marathon last weekend.

Here's my schedule, I try to avoid the gym (too much chit chat and downtime):

Monday - 10 mile AM run / weights PM

Tues - 8 mile AM run / 2 hour MTB nightride PM

Wed - 12 mile AM run / 1 hour PM Swim

Thurs - 8 mile AM run / 2 hour MTB nightride PM

Fri - 10 mile AM run / 1 hour PM Spin & weights

Sat - 4-5 hour bike ride...sometimes MTB, sometimes road

Sun - 15-20 mile run / 1 hour swim

I'm in I skate

going today, roller skates, spent the summer on the bike, love carving uphill or into the wind, already got the heart and lungs dialed in, skating streaches out the frame--

driving to fla this pm get two weeks to keep streaching

nothing like rubber knees

moderation in all things

i threw out my back today in a desperation move at clinical. a patient was about to poop all over the floor unless i got her on the commode immediately...

so...

forgetting all proper body mechanics i just lifted her dead weight up, set her on the commode JUST in time to prevent disaster...

paid for it with my back but i think it was worth it

Possibly the most tragically funny post I have read.

can you expand on this? it would seem if this were true runners would get slower when training more.

thanks

john

Sure, think about elite distance runners; they're just a pair of lungs on two skinny legs, while 100 meter runners are much more muscular. Distance runners will do better over longer distances, but there's no way that they can muster the explosiveness to do well in sprints.

can you expand on this? it would seem if this were true runners would get slower when training more.

when competing in endurance sports, the Body requires energy. Once the body utilizes the available energy in th bloodstream, it starts to cut into the reserves. The first to go is the fat reserves, it is more easily metabolized. Once the fats are broken down and converted to energy, the body will begin to eat mucle for energy.