1st longboard

Louis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've ridden Sidewinders...they are tall and feel wishy washy to me...too much of a feeling like the front end is going away in a hard carve...the new Gullwing Chargers are a better truck and feel more precise

BTW photos of my new board:D

Vlam-005.jpg

Vlam-010.jpg

I've ridden Sidewinders...they are tall and feel wishy washy to me...too much of a feeling like the front end is going away in a hard carve...the new Gullwing Chargers are a better truck and feel more precise

BTW photos of my new board:D

What wheels are those - they look like the green UFO's that have been on ebay recently, but I know they are bigger...

What wheels are those - they look like the green UFO's that have been on ebay recently, but I know they are bigger...

Those are Fishballs AKA Lime Zig thane poured Powerballs instead of PINK Very nice wheels on most surfaces...great garage wheel

• 1 month later...

Gecko

Here is a board I built for JBS. He is suppose to test ride it this week. A heavy bite off the hellcat shape, but I just love that shape and had it in mind even before I saw a hellcat. The pic makes it look fat but it is 42.5 by 9.5 tapered.

Built another just like except perpendicular grain for a guy I work with. Test rode it to 40+ and was super stable. I will try and get pics of the bamboo/maple board, same shape I had out two weeks ago at 46 MPH. I little too stiff from the bamboo. wobbled slightly at that speed but it was my first big run for the season and after 3 hours of rock climbing.

Concepting some other builds currently. Also looking to pickup a second set of wheels and trucks. Might check out the black ops or go with the speed vents. Can only afford Randalls right now. Maybe precision next season.

post-1008-141842257783_thumb.jpg

Nice looking board...stiff boards have their uses, I actually prefer to go fast on a stiff board as it allows me more control. Though softer boards eliminate road noise which I have recently discovered allows the use of smaller harder faster wheels which makes for a more fun freeride type board.