Note to New Members ×

Virus Gladiator

kevbo

Which material for the Gladiator do you prefer?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which material for the Gladiator do you prefer?

• Pure Carbon Fiber
    • Texalium Cloth
    • Aramide Fiber
    • Zylon

I have tested a Zylon and a full carbon Gladi on one day. I would always prefer the Zylon. It makes the board smooth and flexy while keeping speed stability. The Carbon version had the same stability at high speed but because of the stiffnes ice-grip was not as outstanding as with the Zylon. Nevertheless, both boards are on top level and what I talk about is the last 0.001% of the performance.

someone needs to pony up the $$ for a texalium version, I have yet to see one, and I understand that the material is very similar to Zylon, but more like carbon.

I had the Terminator in Texalium and in Zylon, night and day difference, 2 totally different boards. The Zylon board was for sure the better version in my opinion... Texalium sure looks cool, but the material by itself can not be compared with Zylon. Texalium is also much cheaper... But, please don't get me wrong, I am not saying Texalium is not good, its different.

someone needs to pony up the $$ for a texalium version, I have yet to see one, and I understand that the material is very similar to Zylon, but more like carbon.

here's a zylon, texalium black death

now hold it what if your ultra carbon gladiator contains zylon :confused: :)