Note to New Members ×

Notice.

Jack M

guido -

You can fire back all you want, you can try to run down the Sox and their fans, you can post lewd slogans, but you would be better off to piss into the wind.

I am not even so much of a Red Sox fan as I just hate the Yankmes. In fact the only thing better than the Sox winning is when the Crankees have their a$s handed to them on a platter. Seeing the Wankees go down in flames this year was incredibly gratifying. MOst of those guys could be centerfolds on letmelickyoursack.com. Complete jacka$$es.

And I used to like Damon, what a tool. He deserves what he got after jumping ship.

And no I don't need to hate, I just do.

So just to reiterate. I love the Red Sox. and what was the other thing - oh yeah I hate the Yonkees.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not even so much of a Red Sox fan as I just hate the Yankmes

Probably because they've crushed the hope of the Sox so many times, don't ya think?

You're entitled to hate the winningest franchise in sports all you want. Have at it! That said, I am entitled to loathe the shrill, hypocritical assclowns that are the Boston Red Sox, a team that has won it all once (soon to be twice) since dinosaurs walked the earth.

By the way, when it comes to tools, there isn't a bigger one than Josh Beckett.

Oh, by the way, I'm obviously not the only one posting "lewd slogans", am I?

. Probably because they've crushed the hope of the Sox so many times, don't ya think?

By the way, when it comes to tools, there isn't a bigger one than Josh Beckett.

Oh, by the way, I'm obviously not the only one posting "lewd slogans", am I?

I couldn't have cared less how many times they whipped up on the Sox, that doesn't concern me. That they are a bunch of overmanicured, overpaid, prima donna, underwhelming whiners is why they are cooling their heels right now instead of playing ball.

Beckett is one of the best tools around. For sure. Glad you could see that in spite of your self. And history is just that.

Live in the past yankee boy, cause they sure suck now.

We can't know anything about the present or future without history, so don't discount it so readily. Were the Sox not in the series now, you would be the first to embrace history and say, "we won a world series more recently than the Yankees did" right? To suggest that the Yankees "sure suck now" isn't really accurate, is it? They won 94 games this season, had the best offense in baseball and, after being behind nearly 15 games, still made the playoffs. Granted, they choked again, but what the hell, that happens. Fact is, the Sox were up big last year and laid an egg. So what.

As for all the overpaid stuff, you don't have much room to talk. Paying as much as you did for Dice-K, a .500 pitcher, and JD Drew, who Boston fans were ready to eviscerate doesn't exactly speak of a poor, small market, low salary team. Also, don't bet against Epstein trying to get A-Rod should he leave. The Sox have emulated the Yankees and have become just as much of an evil empire. Frankly, I like it better this way, as Boston will now be more competetive and more of a real "rival".

All that said, I am going to leave all you Sox fans with a "good luck" before all this degenerates into any unfortunate ad hominem attacks. So that you know I am being sincere, I will, of course state that I hope they lose, but that isn't likely to happen. Enjoy.

gleb i know what you mean... i spent 40 bucks and i was at the buchholz no hitter. how cool is that!? :)

Lucky!!!

I hope the sox lose 2 games so they can finish up at home!!!! Also, if they sweep, that means the celebration will be sunday night and I have 2 massive tests on monday :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::angryfire

now that you mention it I fully expect that Baseball's best Shortstop will be playing shortstop for the first time in 4 years next year. It's gotta piss him off to play next to the 16th best (or I could say 9th worst) SS in either league...then again he did take a paycheck in hopes of taking home a ring. BTW I am fully aware that Jeter had 1 fewer errors than Lugo who was is listed as 8th worst, which is why it wouldn't surprise me to see A-Rod in red Sox next year.

Gecko:

A-Rod doesn't have a ring because he has choked in every post-season appearance he has made. You are welcome to him and the tension he brings to the clubhouse. Lowell is a free agent after this season, I'm sure with the $$$$ free from dumping A-Rod, we'll be able to entice hime to wear pinstripes. Jeter, of course, has lots of rings. :flamethro

hey I didn't say that I thought he was a good influence....even a Yankee hater like myself can see that until this season the only contribution that he made to the team was with his bat and glove and even then not when it was needed. I think HE made a career mistake playing 3rd for NY and I think that it's taken him a few years to realize that fact ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will do that to people). Jeter on the other hand is a nice guy and awesome clubhouse influence which makes you ignore his fielding errors. As for hitting they are too different in how and what they hit to compare batting averages but both are good. I don't like Jeter or the team he plays for and I also think he is over rated but I recognize that like the 3 other team Captains in baseball there is something else he gives he gives the Yankees and there is no way that A-Rod is gonna displace him for the position he should be playing. Hence the reason I think that if (notice I did say IF) A-Rod is smart and not just greedy this is the last year he'll be wearing pinstripes.

Jack:

For all intent and purpose, the early 20th century WAS dinosaur territory!!!

I won't go into the whole 26 vs. 6 thing (just did!). In any case, as I said earlier, congratulations to the Sox, who will no doubt put an end to this thing tonight. Then we can get on to watching the Pats, Bruins and Celtics....all of whom I like!!!

Gecko:

Word is the Yanks are looking to offer A-hole...er Rod an enormous sum to keep him in the Bronx. I would rather that he go to the Sox or Cubs or Angels, but I think that is unlikely now. Congrats to you too. You know of course how difficult that is for a Yankee fan/Sox hater to utter!!!!

Gecko:

Word is the Yanks are looking to offer A-hole...er Rod an enormous sum to keep him in the Bronx. I would rather that he go to the Sox or Cubs or Angels, but I think that is unlikely now. Congrats to you too. You know of course how difficult that is for a Yankee fan/Sox hater to utter!!!!

guido : of course the Yankees are...they would be foolish to allow anyone in the same division to have him. I just don't know if A-Rod is smart enough to realize that the Yankee's are paying him to waste his talent or would he rather play for himself and make less playing for someone who wants/needs him for that talent.

Last night was a great game.....but Dustin and Jacoby were awesome

psst - Jurassic Park wasn't real.

1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, 1918, 2004...

Cracked me up! Looks like YOYO didn't get it though...(Pic is for him, not the Rockies.)

The Wife just returned from Denver, Box seats right at 1st base!

Heluva game last night.

post-182-141842237361_thumb.jpg

Isn't referring to someone as a "YOYO" an ad hominem attack (marginal as it may be)? Why, after the concilatory things I've added here, would that be said? The humor in the Jurassic joke wasn't lost on me, I simply chose to ignore it and to point out that the Sox have a LONG way to go to catch the Yanks in total number of championships. That said, I DID congratulate them prior to the sweep. The Yanks-Sox rivalry is great and we can never expect to share any common ground, but we can avoid personalizing it, no?

Truthfully I am not really that thin-skinned, but I did make the effort to remove anything I posted that resembled a flame. As willywhit said a few days ago, if we keep it as civil as a Yanks-Sox debate can be, it is all good.

Now.....on to the destruction of the Colts next week!!!!