Note to New Members ×

Notice.

Jack M

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Sox "Nation": The most insufferable fans on earth.

And yes, 2 for 89 still sucks!

Hey, we've paid our dues. We deserve to enjoy ourselves now. I suppose when the law of probability comes around and the Cubs are winning everyone will hate their fans too? Weird.

At least we don't buy ourselves a championship every 4 years (on avg.)

Hey Yanks - "Year two thou-sand! clap clap clap-clap-clap"

Can anyone tellme what is with all the chewing and spitting during a baseball game? I am damn glad they do not do that during a basketball or football game or soccer or volleyball or tennis or golf or winter Olympics. Gawwwd what a sight when you watch it on TV. make me wanna puke.

:AR15firin:AR15firin:smashfrea:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Gawwwd what a sight when you watch it on TV. make me wanna puke.

Especially with all of the detail in HD.:biggthump

During I think the last game between the Indians and the Red Sox, some guy (coach, manager?) on the Indians was litteraly spitting every two seconds... there must have been a puddle in the dugout.:barf:

Really? That is precisely the strategy that Epstein, Lucchino and the Evil Empire of Boston has been successfully employing for more than a few years now.

rather bitter sounding considering that NY spent $50,105,331 more this year than Boston. George is the only evil person I have ever heard of in Baseball....well now that his sons are running things they actually sound worse than daddy :smashfrea

Now Colorado is a real bargin team but they've been very good at home growing players which NY has never really done well and Boston has only recently got better at.

Last nights game was good and as the score shows very even...it looks to me that there is a good chance this series will come back to Boston

1. NY Yankees 195,229,045

2. Boston 143,123,714

3. NY Mets 116,115,819

4. Chicago Sox 109,290,167

5. LA Angels 109,251,333

6. LA Dodgers 108,704,524

7. Seattle 106,516,833

8. Chicago Cubs 99,936,999

9. Detroit 95,180,369

10. Baltimore 95,107,808

25. Colorado 54,424,000

I was actually refering to pitchers, though maybe the sons are smarter and realize that pitchers are at least as important as hitters (george never seems to figure this out).

I don't expect Huges to stick around, he's too good and worth too much, the next time the Waaaaaankees need a hitter he'll be packing. I wasn't impressed with Joba but I've only watched him in a few games so maybe he's better than what I saw. Rivera...well he pitches well against nearly everyone except the Sox but that's just because they've seen him more than anyone else. Pettite is likely to become the same kind of mercenary as Clemons is.

Better luck next year

calm down quiido, Rottenchester ain't exactly NYC.You're not gonna find ANY love for the Yankees here,son.

The Sox have heart, personality and none of the rude arrogance you find in NY.

It's not just about the money here.

BOL ain't the place to be hatin' on anything. pretty smart, civil crowd here :cool:

remember, you're a JONG and you might get lucky and actually meet one of us carving geeks on the hill eventually. I finally met Gecko awhile back skating in CT and he's a good guy. be respectful and it's all good :argue::nono:

Robinson Cano... CHOKED!

Melky Cabrera... CHOKED!

Derek Jeter... CHOKED!

Joba Chamberlain... CHOKED!

Mariano Rivera.... CHOKED!

Jorge Posada... CHOKED!

Andy Pettite... CHOKED!

Phil Hughes...CHOKED!

Yeah, I'd be miserable too. Keep living in the past, it's all you have.

post-182-141842237328_thumb.jpg

post-182-141842237328_thumb.jpg

post-182-141842237329_thumb.jpg

At least we don't buy ourselves a championship every 4 years (on avg.)

Really? That is precisely the strategy that Epstein, Lucchino and the Evil Empire of Boston has been successfully employing for more than a few years now.

Well that is the game now, as the Yankees have made it. Pay to play. Just makes it even sweeter when a 50+ mil premium can't get it done.

Steinbrenner is a jerk. Firing one of the best if not the best managers in the game... so draconian.

Well that is the game now, as the Yankees have made it. Pay to play. Just makes it even sweeter when a 50+ mil premium can't get it done.

Steinbrenner is a jerk. Firing one of the best if not the best managers in the game... so draconian.

"Off with his head!"

post-123-141842237331_thumb.jpg

The Sox have heart, personality and none of the rude arrogance you find in NY.

Hey Willy, I beg to differ on this one. I find Red Sox fans are just as rude and arrogant as Yankee fans. When the Red Sox were down 3-1 against the Indians, the Red Sox fans at my work were all quiet and almost accepting defeat. But when they did win it, they were all up in my face.

Just my opinion.

Hey Willy, I beg to differ on this one. I find Red Sox fans are just as rude and arrogant as Yankee fans. When the Red Sox were down 3-1 against the Indians, the Red Sox fans at my work were all quiet and almost accepting defeat. But when they did win it, they were all up in my face.

Just my opinion.

jeff,

I'm talking about the players themselves. Fans, on the other hand, can run the gamet from class to white trash, same with new york.

people are people, for better or worse, I just try to be amused :rolleyes:

post-123-141842237333_thumb.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

the pictures in this thread have made my week!!! So damn nicely put together.

This pas week was crazy! I can hear the game from my apartment last night, thats how loud it was, and I live a good distance away. 1500 cops insure no riots. 12 people arrested after game 7 of ALCS and 3 of them happend to be my friends' friends. Go figure. They didn't do anything accepted ended up being pushed by the crowd into the horses...

One thing i don't understand is how are people still paying $800 for a ticket. No game will be that exciting. I was at game 2 of the ALCS with my girlfriend(11 inning blowout in the end =\ ) and that was all I needed. I also ordered those tickets over the phone, 8-9 hours before the game for FACE value, and we had sweet seats. Just know that for any post season game not including the WS, you can always get tickets at face value over the phone in the morning. I'll post the pics in a bit.