Note to New Members ×

Notice.

Jack M

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes well we all know the only New Englanders posting pro Rockies drivel are closet Yanks fans who are hating on the Red Sox. The fact that George spends money on hitters and sell pitchers to buy more hitters only makes the Yanks more sad.

The Sox had a decent run... but... the Rockies have already made history that no team will duplicate in out lifetime.

Well, as one commentator put it before game 7 of the ALCS, "no matter what happens tonight, the Rockies don't stand a chance against the varsity". That is, the American League. So, it's definitely impressive that they've gone, what, 21 for 22, but as far as history goes, it's certainly not on the level of the Sox' 2004 comeback from 0-3.

If Boston wins, the reaction this time will be less orgasmic. But we need this one for validation - to say that 2004 wasn't a fluke. Expansion teams don't deserve a championship until they're at least 20 years old. ;) Like, the Florida Marlins taking down the New York Yankees? Lame.

If Boston wins, the reaction this time will be less orgasmic. But we need this one for validation - to say that 2004 wasn't a fluke. Expansion teams don't deserve a championship until they're at least 20 years old. ;) Like, the Florida Marlins taking down the New York Yankees? Lame.

Agreed, any team with non primary team colors shouldn't be in the league. These new teams should have been contracted long ago. Does anyone really even go to a Rockies game?

... but you can't draw me into a debate here because (A) I am sorely outnumbered and would get crushed and (B) I don't care enough

Obviously there is a lot of red blood here and mine happens to not be very purple. Yes I enjoy a Rockies game occasionally but am more a fan of the game. It doesn't hurt that Coors field is an hour and a half from home. That stated... I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Rockies on their late season run (went to both series closers) but to be honest wouldn't be surprise to see... (oh man I can't say it). And yes the band wagon is overflowing here... I'm probably running somewhere near it. But 21 of 22 from nowhere to get to the Big Show? Compare it to whatever you want... that's a historical sports story no matter who pulls it off.

GO ROCKIES!!!

... but you can't draw me into a debate here because (A) I am sorely outnumbered and would get crushed

GO ROCKIES!!!

You know I have your back Thor. I live about five minutes from coors field,(Rusty is about 41/2) and have been to a minimal aount of games lately. I got tired of First place on memorial day to the basemnt on the fourth of july. So yea, I am on the band wagon. It has been amazing to see the rockheads take down my beloved phillies in three to watching byrnes make the final out in the nlcs. ROX or sox, it should be a fun ride either way.

mario

...But 21 of 22 from nowhere to get to the Big Show? Compare it to whatever you want... that's a historical sports story no matter who pulls it off.

That's true, however the Cubs had a similar run in the 40's. Nobody had ever come back from 0-3 in the playoffs, until '04.

I find it quite easy to transfer my hatred of the Broncos to the Rockies. ( or is it Cockies ) The friggin Broncos have kicked the Patriots butt WAY too many times in the past for me to ever forget...

I also hate Denver rental car companies...WTF? Pay 500 bucks for a week just to drive from the airport to the mountain and back? GRRRRRRRRRR!

4 game sweep. Rockies have NO CHANCE.

We were in Denver the day of the 1 game playoff and my future son-in-law offered to stand in line to get tickets the night before. We opted to watch the game on the tube. When the game went into extra innings we had to leave for the airport to catch our flight. We were listening on the car radio when the game was decided in the bottom of the 13th. I haven't been much of a baseball fan since the Braves left Milwaukee (I know they were in Boston before that but even I'm too young to remember) but this was pretty exciting stuff. It takes a lot for a sport to push football off the front page in Denver.

Whatever the outcome of the series, the Rockies have enjoyed an incredible streak.