Note to New Members ×

Small used backhoe

jtslalom

I'm looking for a small used backhoe under $10,000. I need one for the next 3 - 5 years to do some work on my property. I've looked at Kubotas but they tend to be very expensive and people feel that a used machine is almost worth the price of a new one. I've also looked at Terramite and Allmand. Today I am looking at a fairly large New Holland. If any one has had a good experience with a small backhoe, please post to give me some ideas about what machines are best. By small I mean a John Deere 110 or smaller. Top weight maybe 6000 lbs top motor maybe 35 - 40 hp diesel.

My dad's got a kubota in about the 40 horse range. I forget the model, but it's a hydrostat. He picked up a backhoe similar to a 3-point mounted backhoe, only this one has a frame that reaches underneath the tractor and attaches like that. Put the pump on the pto and you're good go to. Controls are super easy. You can get one with a long reach arm. Not to mention its fun to drive. Anyways, sorry I don't have more information except to endorse the kubota. Have fun with your project.