Note to New Members ×

A-basin Friday 10\19

Thor VonRippington

I don't know BM... the last report I heard was "several" runs open at Loveland and we had quite a bit of snow in the last 24hrs. I'm not expecting much tomorrow but I do NEED to blow out the summer cob webs. Keep an eye out for Lovey tix this year. I wont have a pass but would love to ride with you and your posse this year.

Got your email... just let me know... and of course Bruce needs to be in agreement too.

I plan to keep the yellow coiler for now... I had way too much fun on it last year to let it go at this point. But you know drill DT... my quiver is still very much alive... it inhales and exhales.

Courious... why do you inquire abuout the yellow... for Shel perhaps?

shouldn't you be studying mr " i cant go this weekend" ??? :p

Hey! If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you! :D And the answer is yes I have to be a good boy; therefore, no play for me this weekend.

Better not be the one I am looking at!
I guess that depends on which false appendage you were looking at.

One lift... one run... longish line. The crowd wasn't impossible but I wouldn't go near that place on a weekend until a lot more terrain opens. Hit a few rocks but the snow was nice and grippy. All in all... a fun day. It felt great to be on a board again and I can't wait to do it again.

I grabbed a 4 pack for Loveland. Keep me posted when things get good there.

Shel... sorry I didn't call. I didn't have cell service most of the day and other lame excuses. I'll contact Bruce and let you know what he says. The spot is all yours if he gives the thumbs up.

I went to A basin on Saturday and Sunday from about 2-4. Lines were long for the first hour, but it cleared out a little. We got about 6 or 7 runs in. There was enough snow to cover the runs but not anything else. The snow was pretty soft and most of the hill got pretty bumpy. It was just nice to be out carving again. This was the earliest I've ever been boarding. My old home, MN, won't open up for over another month I'd guess. I'm going to school in Boulder and hope to make it out most weekends. What are your favorite mountains for caving out of the Colorado Pass?

post-692-14184223738_thumb.jpg

The only problem with that is I am a poor college student. I bought the Five Mountain Pass and I think that is all I will be able to buy. Basically everyone at CU buys that pass, so all of my rides will be to one of those mountains, although Loveland wouldn't really be out of the way. Anyone have a cheap way to get the Loveland pass?