Note to New Members ×

karol cam on tiehack

Chris Karol

up D? .... up upup. I think the video gives you a sense of tempo if nothing else. For those who may have taken that line off of Racers Edge on Buttermilk, it's Parkway to Javelin from the top of the tiehack lift.

The video starts with fumbling around at the top, into a nice little ski school bottleneck on the catwalk into a full speed gs ride.

The drop to the right off the catwalk would be a severe pain in the butt to say the least. Not a good option which is why I went to the left around the sketchy skiers.

Then I barely had enough speed to get around that guy without bailing off to the other drop which was an acceptable option if the skier had come any closer into my line. It was a low speed wax race! No harm no foul as it were but I thought it was a funny moment given all the considerations packed into a slow speed, totally unpredictable moment involving novice skiers.

Would've been better footage if I'd bailed off to the left no doubt. I'll try that line next time I'm there! The right side's pretty much unclaimed but you probably wouldn't want it :biggthump

For now, this is one of my favorite lines down tiehack at Buttermilk. You say you've never been eh? You should go to SES

My apologies for the production quality to those who may wish to check it out. I'd recommend putting it to AC/DC - Back in Black as loud as you can to offset the dizzyness. D Sub u ain't lying. Try watching it standing up and turn the tv upside down... that always helps too!

Thanks! some of those are mine and some aren't. The butcher maybe?

I've got a follow cam of him but I wasn't close enough.

Backlit shadows runs work out pretty well where you can see your shadow ahead of you,. although you better watch where you're going if you're going to chase your shadow down the hill. :freak3:

Backwards mounted chase angles work but the rider in back has to keep up.

have you done that run?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHJNG2PngQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHJNG2PngQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jonesing for a rip down tiehack? Try this... it's a top to bottom run - POV angle.

I haven't gotten around to putting sound to this so you'll want to turn your volume down..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vuIkJrDZck

Nice Chris!! , Looks like a excellent day on the "Roy".

Thanks Bryan, Nice needlepoint or whatever that is of the Tom Hseih photo if I'm not mistaken that you have posted on your website. Where did you pull that up from?

Thanks Chris, I am pleased to have you think it was Tom! :biggthump I guess I was just a "Wanna Be". That is from a Quilt my Mom made for my 40 birthday present. Took her and her friend over 2 years to do. That is me at Mt Hood Meadows on a bitter cold sunny but windy day (riding off the old Texas fixed grip chair)

I had no idea my Mom was making it, It it the most important item I own. Every stitch was hand stiched by "MOM". Thanks, Bryan

abk.jpg

a loved one thinks enough of you and your passion to create a gift like that.My sister,Kristina,made a 5 min video of me boarding after she followed me around for a day.It was backed by a Keth Urban song she said reminds her of me("got no money in my pocket...but who wouldn't want to be me").The riding was so so as it was a mushy day, but the vid as a gift she worked hard to complete was wonderful.