Note to New Members ×

Palmers on an alpine board?

Erik J

I saw a few pics on the Virus thread showing the Palmer plates (PLS) on skinny boards. It fondled my curiousity about other peoples experiences doing this - pros, cons, mods made, random opinions etc. I don't have any toe or heel overhang issues, I'm wondering from a performance standpoint.

Just curious.

I have no doubt that TD2 w/ suspension, Hangl & Sflex are better systems made specifically for alpine boards. With that said...

TD2 with suspension kit - $355

Sflex - $430 (I think)

Hangl - I'm afraid to ask $$$

Palmer PLS - $100 approx.

just curious if anyone had specific experiences with palmers on an alpine board - again, bootout is not an issue.

Ursle, thanks for the input - much appreciated. What sort of mods did you do?

Eric, before paying retail to mod these, check ebay etc. I see them occasionally for 35-55$ depending on the model. I have used them and my oldest riding bro swears by them. Of course they would never intended them to be cut up, but hey, go with what works for you right!! I would pay particular attention to the hardware lengths and tightness.

PS, I recall more than a few guys back in the day taking a hacksaw to Burton cant plates.

Eric, before paying retail to mod these, check ebay etc. I see them occasionally for 35-55$ depending on the model. I have used them and my oldest riding bro swears by them. Of course they would never intended them to be cut up, but hey, go with what works for you right!! I would pay particular attention to the hardware lengths and tightness.

PS, I recall more than a few guys back in the day taking a hacksaw to Burton cant plates.

Thanks for the info, I know I'm asking about a half@ss option to the otherwise excellent products out there - I'm just curious.

I was one of those guys with the hacksaw on my Burton cants plates.

Perhaps on that comparison TD suspension kit should be without TD2 price included :rolleyes:

And add there also Catek D3 kits as option too;)

You're absolutely right about the comparison of pricing. I was thinking of my own personal price comparison since I don't have TD2's or Cateks. I'm on TD1's.

...if you're interested. I don't use them any more and would be happy to sell 'em to you. I'd like to get $20 for them plus shipping. Let me know if that sounds fair. I can send you pics if you'd like.

Ted

Sweet! Which model do you have? Ideally I'd go for the Palmer PLS Shock.

Eric,

Sorry, they're the standard riser plate. I don't remember which exactly. I got them before they'd come out with myriad different models. I don't mean to discourage you though-they're still in fine shape. Let me know. I've got another buyer from this forum should you decide they're not for you.

Out of curiosity though, why do you feel you need the shock model? If they're going under plate bindings, I'd think the plastic alone would be enough to dampen them. But that's just me. I'm sure others would have differing opinions.

Either way, let me know.

Thanks,

Ted