Note to New Members ×

25 yr old girl looking for rich man on Craigs List

C5 Golfer

THIS APPEARED ON CRAIG'S LIST:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful

(spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.

I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at

least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind

that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think

I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could

you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around

200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get

me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married

to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as

I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I

get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars,

restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my

feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east

side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have

nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead

gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story

there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment

banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they

hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for

MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest

way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front

about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't

able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a

nice home and hearth.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster

with services or

other commercial interests

PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully

about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your

bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I

see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a

cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you

suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring

my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my

money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely

that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't

be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning

asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation

accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty

hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in

earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy

and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense

to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case

you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were

to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's

as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So,

I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"

as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to

believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K

hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then

we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.

Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of

lease, let me know.

I've met women like this and what they don't understand is the simple concept of loyalty. Those plain Jane women with the rich husbands were there when the guy was a dorky law student or geek computer programmer. They saw potential in the geek/dork (not just financial) and stuck it out through the cheap dinners and simple dates. In fact, if you talk to these women, they'll probably tell you that those were actually the best of times.

This could lead to an amazing conversation. I've never heard of people finding incredibly wealthy partners in the United States- they always found them before the partner turned wealthy.

One of my friends is going in that direction and he has stated that when he is working he won't have time to give to a girl. He would never marry during this period but maybe have a girlfriend that could life off him and if she had a problem with not having his time then she could just leave- he wouldn't care.

I have heard of girls finding wealthy guys abroad though. When I was living in Geneva, which as you know is an incredibly wealthy and international banking city, it was quite easy to bump into Americans because we went to the same bars and clubs. I've also heard that London was good for girls abroad too. I doubt these relationships would be considered marriage material on the part of the guys though.

I'm also wondering what this girl thinks of as a lavish lifestyle. I think most people on BOL would be much more likely to meet someone capable of that lifestyle on the slopes, kite surfing or doing something else- these are after all fairly capital intensive sports- than in a ritzy bar or club.

She seems to be making the mistake that these men would be interested in this kind of a trade, or would be shallow enough to simply want someone who is beautiful and can compliment their lifestyle. While I definitely believe that many people are much more advantaged in life than others, I feel that many of these guys could definitely have come from "normal" families. They might want to marry someone in a similar background (like someone they knew) simply because it is grounding.

Anyway, those were just my thoughts and I would love to hear what other people think.

PS- Personally... my plan is to just get filthy rich myself :biggthump Why depend on someone else for that?

This could lead to an amazing conversation.

I'm also wondering what this girl thinks of as a lavish lifestyle. I think most people on BOL would be much more likely to meet someone capable of that lifestyle on the slopes, kite surfing or doing something else- these are after all fairly capital intensive sports- than in a ritzy bar or club.

She seems to be making the mistake that these men would be interested in this kind of a trade, or would be shallow enough to simply want someone who is beautiful and can compliment their lifestyle. While I definitely believe that many people are much more advantaged in life than others, I feel that many of these guys could definitely have come from "normal" families. They might want to marry someone in a similar background (like someone they knew) simply because it is grounding.

Anyway, those were just my thoughts and I would love to hear what other people think.

PS- Personally... my plan is to just get filthy rich myself :biggthump Why depend on someone else for that?

Go for it ... it is better have earned your own money than expect someone else’s.

I have known and associated with some ladies that wanted a rich guy—most of them have been from rich families and find that is what they are accustomed to – parent is at fault there. Others have just wanted more than they can imagine they can do for themselves so they want a gift. Another was so pissed at all the hard working folk, in Seattle for example, who received many stock options and she did not. But she did not realize you have to seek out those kinds of companies and also work a few more hours than 8-5. It was not a pleasant subject to discuss during happy hour if she was there. I went on a date one time with a nice good looking but not high on the education scale herself but wanted to know how much money I made before our appetizers arrived. She was quite pissed when I asked her why that mattered. Lesson learned there—don’t pick a lady up for a first date in a Mercedes Benz.

What do you think about rich people looking for other people with the same amount of money?

For example: A single divorcee who has decided that they have a nice lifestyle and want someone who can match that and not be intimidated by it? Is this a legitimate criterion? (And of course they would be looking for other stuff too, but what I'm getting at is that someone who may be a complete personality match would not be able to follow along in the lifestyle and this person [after divorce] would want them to be financially independent)

What do you think about rich people looking for other people with the same amount of money?

For example: A single divorcee who has decided that they have a nice lifestyle and want someone who can match that and not be intimidated by it? Is this a legitimate criterion? (And of course they would be looking for other stuff too, but what I'm getting at is that someone who may be a complete personality match would not be able to follow along in the lifestyle and this person [after divorce] would want them to be financially independent)

My opinion would be the person who is seeking a new mate should set the criteria for whatever/whoever she/he thinks would meet the current desires. I do believe the social and financial levels/lifestyles do play a big part in a successful relationship. I do wish of the many ladies I know from past relationships or just female friends that I know would take more priority in saving $$$ as in a retirement program so they are more financially independent - but most of them would rather expect a man to come along a provide for that part of life’s equation. But again I must mention the parents—there is where some or most of that blame can reside- the rest of it with basic American society. Men are taught to provide the financial side of a marriage and women are taught to provide the social side of marriage. Let the flamethrower begin --- :AR15firin:AR15firin:flamethro

I knew a girl in Aspen who was married to a 75 year old Texas oil tycoon. She 25 year old Argentinian who had it all. She regularly kicked my butt in chess, she spoke 4 different languages, and on top of that, she was smoking hot. I mean jaw-dropping, tongue-waggin hot. Her family back in Argentina lived very well because of her, and she truly cared for her husband.

And really, who are we to judge in this case? She made him happy, he made her happy, and everyone was the better for it. His kids loved her, and she was very much a part of the family.

To each their own.

there's a word for women who use there looks and or bodies to gain financial reward..... it seems to escape me right now ..... it's something with a "P", .........prostrate..no.....postulate.... no ............. damn it I can't quite think of it.

I think it rhymes with "rostitute"

THIS APPEARED ON CRAIG'S LIST:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful

(spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.

I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at

least half a million a year.

Who gives a rat terriers backside after that? Maybe she should go to gold diggers anonymous or get some other kind of help. Poor girl doesn't realize that money can't provide the spark that signals a real relationship.

Sad. Sad.

Taught many Argentinians in Vail and decided that there must be some government sponsored beautiful people breeding program down there.

I think that's pretty much endemic to South America. Brazilian, Colombian, Argentinian ... and some of the guys aren't bad either. Although I prefer Italian guys myself, and it doesn't matter at all that he can't speak English!!

maybe she would love me now that I don't live in a trailer any more

I lived in a tipi for 18 months. My wife is from New York (upstate - not too many gold diggers from Buffalo or I would be in trouble ) and it was one of the happiest times of our life. We were skiing and riding ( she is a telemarker ) all winter and having a great time. Snowed like crazy that year too.

But that black amex is more important than a powder day right - not!!!!!