Note to New Members ×

WTB: Board, boots, plates for new carver, experienced rider

anewell

Hi Everyone - I'm looking to learn to carve; I've been riding softboots since 1991, and was a skier before that.

I'm looking to put together a second-hand carving setup; my budget is roughly $250 for the board and (i dunno) for the boots & bindings. I may buy the boots new, given how personalized boot fit can be.

I'm 190 Lb (86 kg), 6' (183 cm) tall. 28.5 mondo / 11 us feet.

I'm thinking I want a board maybe 170+ (?) and pretty carve-specific; I'm happy with my softboot rig.. and I don't see any gates or racing in my future, just fast cruisin' on groomers.

Whaddya got for sale? What would you advise? Let me know! I'd also love to hear from Tahoe riders... My email is in my profile.

Foolish Newbie Question: I have a set of K2 Skylord Clicker boots & plates - Understanding that they're softer and sloppier than real hardboots, is it even worth trying them on an alpine board?

Thanks, Andy

Foolish Newbie Question: I have a set of K2 Skylord Clicker boots & plates - Understanding that they're softer and sloppier than real hardboots, is it even worth trying them on an alpine board?

Unless you're thinking of getting something like a Prior ATV or the upcoming Donek soft-boot carver, I would say it's not worth it.