Note to New Members ×

Help name my dog.

pebu

I know we got a bunch of dog lovers here so people should love this.

I'm gonna be adopting a mostly yellow lab, just under a year old, in about a week. Which is insane, because in our house of 3 people we already have an 85lb yellow lab/white german shepard mix, a 10lb or so pekingese and 2 10ish lb cats.

Anyhoo, she's going to be the cousin (by adoption) of my brother's dog Loki (the yellow lab/white german shepard). Loki was actually named after one of the runs at the local ski hill, but since she has the name I was kinda thinking of going along with the whole norse mythology thing. I ran through some names and I'm actually kinda thinking of Sol. Maybe it's not norse, but it's still mythology.

Also living in the house is the pekingese Sue-Nam-Mee (aka Nammee, past owner named her) and the two kitties Julie (from the movie Rocketman) and Dot (Dot Matrix, from the movie Spaceballs).

Other considerations were (Princess) Vespa, Thor (another guys name, but also norse mythology AND another run at the local ski hill :)), Glory... I guess that's all I can think of right now.

I guess that's it.. Let the bidding war begin!

Here's the best, IMHO... Comes from Incan Mythology.

KHUNO: High altitude Weather God who got fed up with humans messing about with his nice clean snow.

Some kind of compromise was reached when he directed them to the cocaine plant. After a few nibbles of that, they didn't care how high they were or what the weather was like. They also became very protective of the snow. So it looks like KHUNO was the world's first drugs dealer. Is it any coincidence that 'snow' is a nickname for dodgy powdery stuff?

:biggthump <O:p</O:p

name him "STAY"

come Stay , Stay Come ! :freak3:

I actually considered naming her "You". You, come here. You, stop that!

It's kinda similar to my uncle who had a cat named "Dog".

I know, I feel like a fruit with all these girly names, but dammit, I want to get it right.

found it, for a snow bitch

CHIONE

Also known as KHIONE

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/greek-mythology.php?deity=CHIONE

I found that one also. I do'nt particularly like the name though. Reading some more I've found out that Freya is known to some as the snow goddess. I kinda like that one..

And BoarderYUL, that'd be a great one too, but I don't particularly like that name either...

I hope this dog likes to play in the snow as much as I do...

remember you'll be saying the name alot, make it short and easy.

Gleb and I met a cat named Hitler and a cool Boxer named Blaze at the bonfire sunday after skating.

our yorkie from brasil is fofuxa pron. FOE Foo Sha- she came with papers and already named but it works....usually just "Foo" or Fooshie. she's a girly lil' thing

Fin.

But yes, you are insane, imo. May as well have a baby. At least a baby craps in a diaper. Forget last minute day or weekend trips. "Sorry, can't leave my dog."

You have the rest of your life to be responsible for a dependent. Be young and free while you can.

Fin.

But yes, you are insane, imo. May as well have a baby. At least a baby craps in a diaper. Forget last minute day or weekend trips. "Sorry, can't leave my dog."

You have the rest of your life to be responsible for a dependent. Be young and free while you can.

Not a dog person, eh Jack? I've been taking a medium size dog everywhere I go for the past 20 years, Anywhere from 2 day to 2 month road trips. Both have always loved it. the exception being national parks(have to be leashed, so why bother) and most wilderness areas where they are not allowed at all, and rightly so. a well behaved dog is mandatory though, or it becomes a nightmare for everyone. :smashfrea