Note to New Members ×

NE backcountry

cail

The OB at Cannon is excellent after a dump, but even though it's "backcountry" it gets tracked out fairly quickly. Ski Patrol will also make you

A) buy them beer for not cutting your pass

B) run laps around the base lodge in your skivvies

C) Drag your tired ass back up the mountain with them for another run after they change their coat and go off shift

The Gulf of Slides is pretty good, but not as good as the slides on The Flume. The gulf has alot of BFRs, The Flume has not-so-many BFRs.

Monadnock hasn't been getting much snow latley as far as I know.

Mt. Moosilauke could be pretty good...it's a great hike...very few BFRs...just rolling waves of alpine grass on the summit. I might have to ride there this winter...

19. Mt. Hale

DON'T EVEN BOTHER. It's not an exposed summit, and the trees are pretty dense from the summit down. I wouldn't want to try to ride it. There is NO above treeline terrain here...and the trees are VERY dense. I know I said it twice, but I don't want anybody to waste their time with it. It's a crappy hike anyway, the riding WOULD NOT be worth it.

I might have to pick up a copy of that book...good find!