Note to New Members ×

Donek 07/08 is up

7stg

Isn't that Vin Q?

Actually that was linked from a post by Vin where he says it's Gilmour...

I've been watching this post for the last few days and wasn't going to hop in. but I guess I will..

As long as you aren't racing.. just talking freecarving... if you know the proper techniques on carving, it doesn't matter what you ride. I've been carving on softies for years now... I haven't ridden plates for 5 years now... NO NEED!!!

Stop all this stupid debating and spend your time on the hill having fun... Carving, Jibbing, Hucking or what ever brings a smile to your faces...

Vin

P.S. The great Gilmour looks just like I do on Softies...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2843&stc=1

Whoever it is....that's seriously LOW

Are you talking with titanal or just a clone? The shape isn't a problem, all it takes is an order.

the shape, it's that I just can't justify the custom price trying to achieve something that already exists.

I do think you could produce a far superior product because your boards tend to hold better on ice and a few other things I like about your boards.

if you came up with a similar line of boards that were big, great in the fluff and ripped on the groom too I think allot of us that buy tankers would suddenly be riding doneks. Add a couple wide models and you'd be right in there with rad air.

Stop all this stupid debating and spend your time on the hill having fun... Carving, Jibbing, Hucking or what ever brings a smile to your faces...

funny seeing sean and bob dea on the old thread

You just put a smile on the face of an old man in a wheelchair- unfortunately that old man in a wheelchair is me. I'll miss riding with you at ECES in Hard and soft boots.

anybody heard from Gilmour ? still in FLA ?

this shot of "shred" made me chuckle.

post-123-141842235915_thumb.jpg

the shape, it's that I just can't justify the custom price trying to achieve something that already exists.

I do think you could produce a far superior product because your boards tend to hold better on ice and a few other things I like about your boards.

if you came up with a similar line of boards that were big, great in the fluff and ripped on the groom too I think allot of us that buy tankers would suddenly be riding doneks. Add a couple wide models and you'd be right in there with rad air.

I'd buy one - Tanker is the next board on my list - either 187 or 192 - but if I can get a Donek in a similar shape for close to the same price, I'd much rather buy that.

I'd buy one - Tanker is the next board on my list - either 187 or 192 - but if I can get a Donek in a similar shape for close to the same price, I'd much rather buy that.

Who's tried these?

175 Delrossi 175 142 10.7 34.10 29.00 33.70 5.0 630

180 Tucker 180 153 12.3 28.50 24.10 28.20 5.7 630

182 Kirchoff 182 148 10.35 35.20 29.50 34.80 5.4 630

I seem to recall a 203 on the menu for a few years ago as well, what happened to that?

I'll add a couple tankerish sizes to the line, but I'd like some input on the most popular sizes. If anybody out there owns a tanker and one of our boards, it would be helpful to get some sort of comparison on stiffness. That way I'm not making a wild guess. In the mean time, I'll see if I can't lay my hands on a couple to flex and feel.

the wides and sasquatches are planks compared to the tankers, stiffer and just much more demading to ride.

if you want to eval either or both the popular wide models I can ship them to you or at some point you could send me a demo of your metal beasts while I send you my tankers

Wow, that is a well-designed web site. I like how all of the boards are all layed out and clicking on a board takes you to the full info page for that board.

Not only does clicking on a board take you to the full info page for that board, but clicking on the Axxess takes you to the full info page for that board with a tasteful action shot of one of our own....Anyone recognize him?

Hint: Check out the gloves!