Note to New Members ×

Donek 07/08 is up

7stg

donek 07/08 is up

http://www.donek.com/index.htm

"And we're working on more...

A true-blue Soft Boot Carver has been on a lot of riders' wish lists for a while now and we're deep in development of the perfect board for everybody who yearns to rip up the groom in soft boots. More to come.."

Something like the prior atv with the donek touch???:biggthump

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]-->

donek 07/08 is up

http://www.donek.com/index.htm

"And we're working on more...

A true-blue Soft Boot Carver has been on a lot of riders' wish lists for a while now and we're deep in development of the perfect board for everybody who yearns to rip up the groom in soft boots. More to come.."

Something like the prior atv with the donek touch???:biggthump

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->

<!--[endif]-->

The ATV is very much like our incline series

comparing specs:

171 ATV...........10m scr.........23.5cm waist.......2.5cm setback

168 incline.......10.2m scr......24.1cm waist.......2.5cm setback

If you compare the two lines, you'll find that the ATV is just 6mm narrower, with very similar scr, taper, and the same setback. Both lines are extremely similar. The incline started out as our freeride model for soft boots. Most customers ride it with stiff soft boots and bindings and some use plates. I believe the ATV is marketed as a board for plates.

The soft boot carver is a carving shape (more like the FC or Race) designed for soft boots. Things are also looking promising on the Titanal end. I believe we have successfully engineered the tendency to delam out of the equation. We'll be doing a bit more prototyping and should have something commercially available in 6 to 8 weeks.

So, got a dumb question maybe but how well can a skilled rider carve with soft boots? Are we talking carving like the pics from SES last year or some of the extreme carving videos from the swoard guys? Or are we talking more laid back carves...best on soft snow kinda stuff? I'm not trying to start any flame wars, I just want to know how carvy a guy can get with soft boots.

So, got a dumb question maybe but how well can a skilled rider carve with soft boots? Are we talking carving like the pics from SES last year or some of the extreme carving videos from the swoard guys? Or are we talking more laid back carves...best on soft snow kinda stuff? I'm not trying to start any flame wars, I just want to know how carvy a guy can get with soft boots.

OK, long story, it's just that with alpine skiing I can carve the **** out of it with just about anything as far as boots are concerned. I can run my boots without buckling them and it's no problemo to carve it right up. Not exactly going to win the world cup with a loose boot but very high level carving is not any trouble at all.

It is really a matter of getting yourself lined up right, it's not like a ski boot (even a "soft boot") flexes sideways to any appreciable degree. Canting makes a difference, and the insole is important IMO, but if you can roll your ankles and body in the right direction, modern skis (borne of snowboarding I understand) will hook right up and rail around.

So could this be the same with snowboarding? Do we need all of this stiff stuff to really rail it? Tipping the board on a high edge and pressuring it just can't require a super stiff setup....or does it? And some ability to absorb irregularities, now that just can't be a bad thing, can it?

(sorry this is way OT)

I think one can carve better in a hard boot set up than soft provided the person riding has the abilty to do so. However you can carve pretty well in soft boots these days due to the fact that the gear is good quality. I prefer hard boots because soft boots are too hard on my feet and are more uncomfortable and I get more performance in a hard setup on steeper terain and harder snow conditions.I enjoy riding my Dupraz d1 with hardboots in powder. If soft boots were adequate for carving and racing you wouldn't be able to buy hard boots because soft boots are cheaper and it wouldn't be necessary to produce the more expensive hard boot set up. Of course now it is possible to buy hard boot gear that is more versatile and better for all mountain riding. Hopefully the companies that produce snowboard hard boots wil continue to make them for a long time so that we can enjoy the comfort and performance that a hardboot provides.

I hate to call myself a skilled rider. But if you go to the Bomber Store and look for the SES schwag under the accessories sections and find the 04 Sessions cover shot. That is me at Breckenridge on peak 10 in a toeside carve on a beat up K2 Eldorado 155 with my K2 Guide softie boots.

So, yes a person can carve on a softie set up!

Nothing definite yet, but it looks like about $1200.

man, snowboards are really coming into the price range of high end skis, a good thing I think for the builders as long as the market can sustain it.

I've thought that a metal 179 Freecarve II would be quite the weapon, now I can have it!

Sean, if you can Build tanker clones you might be able to pretty much sell half the posters on this board their powder decks.