Note to New Members ×

madd BX - with carbon butterfly or without?

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain

i just placed an order for a madd BX 168. i was unable to make up my mind about the carbon butterfly, so dave at hardbooter.com graciously offered to ship me one with the butterfly and one without, so i could give them the "living room flex test" and ship one back.

in the meantime, i'd love to hear any insights anyone may have about the differences between the "WC/T" (without butterfly) and "R/CB" (with butterfly) versions of the madd BX. (i'm 6 ft, 205 lbs, and not an "aggressive" rider or racer.)

I have the 163BX w/o the buterfly and the board is perfect for me. It has the texlium (sp?) top sheet and I can carve on the board like no other. As far as tree riding, IMO, I don't think the board was really designed for that style of riding...you could do it but it isn't the best tool for the job.

Another thing to consider is the boots that your using. If you're using plates only then the butterfly is probably better set-up...I ride my bx with soft boot set up...the butterfly would be way to stiff for softies.

I also have the 158 alpine with the butterfly and I agree with the previous thread that it takes all the vibration out of the ride. The board is a rocket ship and is so fun to ride.

Get both, an alpine and a texlium BX, it's the best of both worlds depending on the snow conditions.

I was told as a carbon butterfly is necessity for 158 and 170 Madds it does a little on BX. I have been riding 163 without it. It is one of the most versatile boards. I ride it with TD1. It does everything. If somebody can have only one board, BX is probably the best candidate. It is the best AM board made in US or Canada for me and I have tried them all.

Guest AllMountain

to the guys who like the non-butterfly verison: how much do you weigh?

also, JGU: exactly which non-butterfly version do you have (WC F1, WC F2, or WC/T)?