Note to New Members ×

Yet another BOL Track Day

Jack M

I was the photog this time. No riding for me, but it was big fun to get all-access to the track, sit on the grass in the turn apexes and shoot away.

Some highlights of our esteemed brethren...

GeoffV

img_7670.jpg

Shaggy

img_7578.jpg

same turn, different angle

img_7799.jpg

Bob Jenney

img_7888.jpg

PaulK

img_7889.jpg

Paul borrowing Geoff's bike

img_7791.jpg

AlexJ

img_7592.jpg

and the piece de resistance... TT riding bitch:

img_7636.jpg

Jack,

Thanks for showing up and taking pics. It must have killed you to not be riding. If you show up earlier next time, the KTM is yours for a session.

You're welcome. Now buy some prints so I can buy your Lowepro backpack. ;)

Actually I had an absolute blast. That was my first time with total access to the inside of the track. It was a ton of fun to shoot from inside turn apexes. Also I feel like I learned a lot about how to ride the track better by watching others from such an intimate angle.

I wanted to get there earlier, but I got stuck by a semi-emergency at work. Thanks for the generous offer to ride your other bike.

yep, that was quite a ride. like being on a roller coaster with no track.

i couldnt believe how fast he went but how effortless it appeared to be

for him. just after that shot as you crest the hill before the bowl it felt like

the bike was going to pull away from me. i had to keep two hands on the tank to keep me off him he decelerated so quickly. in the begining going into a few turns i really thought we were going to die. matt, you should come, even if just to watch it is a blast.

matt come and play with us next season, even if it's on your Bonnie

In the process of turning my bonnie into a cafe racer anyway, so if all goes as planned it should be track ready by next year...

question for you guys - can I buy track tires and change there or do I somehow need to bring my own? (bringing my own would be difficult unless I get a trailer or somehow strap them to the back for the ride up)

Or can I just run street tires?

question for you guys - can I buy track tires and change there or do I somehow need to bring my own? (bringing my own would be difficult unless I get a trailer or somehow strap them to the back for the ride up)

No slicks aloud for street rider days. We are all running street tires, most of us are using Pilot Powers. We aren't pros so street tires are sticky enough once they heat up.

Yes it is a RZ-350 with a lot of mods

FZR600 swing arm

17" bandit 600 rear wheel

GSXR750 front end

R1 bodywork

Banshee big bore cylinders with stroker crank (395cc)

36mm flat slide carbs

waiting for the correct expansion chambers

estimates are around 100hp at 294 lbs

Yes it is a RZ-350 with a lot of mods

FZR600 swing arm

17" bandit 600 rear wheel

GSXR750 front end

R1 bodywork

Banshee big bore cylinders with stroker crank (395cc)

36mm flat slide carbs

waiting for the correct expansion chambers

estimates are around 100hp at 294 lbs

Your list is missing items from this guy... here.

In the process of turning my bonnie into a cafe racer anyway, so if all goes as planned it should be track ready by next year...

Matt, I'd be happy to throw anything you need into my pickup/trailer on any given track day. Should have enough room for an entire bike if the brother-in-law isn't going.

I'm an old RD 350 owner, early 80's. Wanted to buy a RZ and mod it like yours, but bought a Suzuki SV1000s instead. Still have a FZ600 swingarm in the garage....

same here, '76 RD 400 was my first street bike

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/433434052.html

Yamaha RZ350 2-Stroke MINT ! - $5200 :rolleyes:

alex, got any pics/vids of your bike ?