Note to New Members ×

Tow In Surfing Comp / Oregon Coast

www.oldsnowboards.com

Get your BIG GUN ready folks! Or your lawn chair and tarp :)

Behemoth LLC and TAOW Productions today announced the line up for the upcoming 2007 Nelscott Reef Tow In Classic. The competition will take place in Lincoln City, Oregon, sometime between October 1 and December 31. As traditional for such “big wave” competitions, the exact date of the event will depend upon wave conditions, which will be continually monitored during the holding period. Once maximum wave conditions are observed, competitors and fans will have 48 hours notice to arrive.

Bryan,

Is this another Maverick's? I can remember in 1991 I think that Maverick's broke out on the scene. Surfer did a profile on the break. I was living in San Diego at the time and was enjoying a huge winter surf season. After Surfer came out with the article we drove up when it was going off. I think the longest board we had was a 9'3". All of us were too chickens*** to paddle out. If you make it there please post some pic's for those of us who are now landlocked.

Kenton

Bryan,

Is this another Maverick's? I can remember in 1991 I think that Maverick's broke out on the scene. Surfer did a profile on the break. I was living in San Diego at the time and was enjoying a huge winter surf season. After Surfer came out with the article we drove up when it was going off. I think the longest board we had was a 9'3". All of us were too chickens*** to paddle out. If you make it there please post some pic's for those of us who are now landlocked.

Kenton

Hopefully Nelscott Reef doesn't have Mavericks inside rock outcropping "Boneyards" or Ghost Trees cliff/rock problems. Not long ago a surfer had his board munched by a Great White shark while paddling out to take a closer look at Mavericks. I think you made the right decision not going out when Mavericks is going off. A lot of heavy mistakes were made the first few years.