Note to New Members ×

nitro board on ebay

wannabe

Not from me... I've never seen this brand... interesting mix between several old school designs... how old are they?

Ok, now I get it. Yes, like a "Snow Pro" perhaps?

They are likely 7 or 8 years old would be my guess?

Pretty burly for a Jr Plate. Unfortunately not "3D" compatable by the looks of it.

Allot of the little alpine gear is still Burton.

The only other swivel base plate I've seen like that is Fin's

I recall a set of Rad Air bindings that had the crank adjustment for the bails too (late '80s)... but also had built in cant adjustment as well. Later Burton used a similar crank system before they went to the "curent" style for their race plates.

I think my LoFo binders had the cranks as well... but now we're getting into the '90s. It seemed like designers at that time were thinking: "simple adjustments for rental fleets"

Those Drakes are definitely beefy... espeacially for a Jr

The only other swivel base plate I've seen like that is Fin's

I recall a set of Rad Air bindings that had the crank adjustment for the bails too (late '80s)... but also had built in cant adjustment as well. Later Burton used a similar crank system before they went to the "curent" style for their race plates.

I think my LoFo binders had the cranks as well... but now we're getting into the '90s. It seemed like designers at that time were thinking: "simple adjustments for rental fleets"

Those Drakes are definitely beefy... espeacially for a Jr

Yep, I think they just took the toe / heel blocks off the adult bindings and put them on a smaller plate.

Bringing back some memories now! LoFo are too cool (as in Funky)

Some day I will get time to do the alpine binding gallery up right. First I have to get better at taking high quality photos so I don't have to do it over again each time I get better. It is pretty funny to look back at the first photos I took for the original OSB. Not cropped, not solid background, low res, over tagged , etc, etc. Some day I want to take photos like Scott F, Scott T and Jack M . Need a nice studio of some kind. Dreaming now.

Bryan