alexgforce

Which add do you like the most?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which add do you like the most?

• ...the ultimate tool for laying tracks
    • ...how low can you get
    • ...draft your path down the slope
    • ...carving requires precision instruments

Emails and forums seem to get twisted in this whole game.....all i meant was that AD campaigns should get riders, viewers etc to look at your company, the website or the online store. Simple exciting photography and design makes that happen.

Donek makes great decks and i like their company, so this collective process between gforce and Donek is amazing, so why not have fun with an ad campaign.

As far as Donek, i contacted Sean 2 years ago about design ideas for longboard skate decks and snowboards and we exchanged some emails but he was busy and it never happen.

To address the whole lamborghini has many years of history and reputation..YES I AGREE...you seem to miss my point and read too far into this email.

"been turned off by the lack of full on topsheet and base shots"...call me.

Isn't personal conversations or a direct email a great thing in todays world of lack of customer service? I would have even sent you a free deck to try....

I was invited to ECS two years ago by Jack and Todd and i had 5 designed prototype decks with me...about 3 each of each design and only 4-5 riders tested one of them...Jack didn't even want to ride.... My point is that this small group and 1 1/2 percent of alpine needs to support anything new or at least take some time to email or call and get involved...I had over $5000.00 dollars worth of deck to hand out and my support ended up coming from the freestyle riders and the freeride guys months later....

As far as sales i did okay, but i only did limited run due to all the different designs i was testing.

Fin knows some of my story on development....we shared some emails also.

Where is SZ now? We have develop a series of longboard skateboards which are eco-friendly and geared towards body proportion and carving. We are designing a new main SZ website and taking the five snowboard designs and focusing on a soft-boot carving all-mountain ride deck system...core development is 90% natural composite materials and geared for the cross over rider which are the riders who are working with us and loving the whole soft-boot thing....which i feel only helps build the alpine market.

As Jeff Harbaugh states"The question is not how small brands can stay cool. It’s how they can stay in this market at all. Building a quality product ,pricing it right, delivering it right, customer service , and supporting it with appropriate promotional programs gets you nothing more than the right to try".

My cell phone and email work and if anyone wants to call or join in i'm right here....and everyone who has been a part of this process has been paid.

Thanks for your comments and as always enjoy the ride.

Wayne

Wayne Gallipoli

Surf-Rodz, LLC

http://www.surf-rodz.com

wayne@surf-rodz.com

Product Preview_

http://web.mac.com/surfrodz

203.530.2668 mobile

203.937.5722 fax

162 Bellevue Avenue

West Haven, Connecticut 06516

USA

IMO, I would go less "techy" with the drafting tools/compass stuff and focus on the fun part. I think the techy stuff pidgeonholes carving to a certain degree.

A really aggressive carve shot in the "how low can you go" pic

showing more of the rider and board in the pics. I love the shots because I know whats going on, but someone else mentioned the "it looks like you're falling down" thing which I've heard before.

Just my opinion.

been turned off by the lack of full on topsheet and base shots
...call me.

Isn't personal conversations or a direct email a great thing in todays world of lack of customer service? I would have even sent you a free deck to try....

But most people don't really want to do that. The ad is simple, that's fine and I agree - too much clutter is no good. But the website the ad points to should have all the information the buyer needs. I'm not going to be inspired to pick up the phone otherwise. Forcing people to phone or email is not improved customer service - picking up the phone/answering the email promptly if they do call/write is improved customer service.

Alex great work putting together your ads, I love them.

Screw what the others are telling you. How many alpine companys do they run??

I love the railroad picture of people laying tracks Its great! No need for a roller coster track that is nothing more then someone spining your already great idea.

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you!

Thanks for contributing to alpine!

Alex great work putting together your ads, I love them.

Screw what the others are telling you. How many alpine companys do they run??

I love the railroad picture of people laying tracks Its great! No need for a roller coster track that is nothing more then someone spining your already great idea.

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you!

Thanks for contributing to alpine!

so predictable. :p

Billy,

Thanks for your nice comments and thanks for all the support I am getting from you and Dave. Hope you ll make it this year to the SES. Looking forward to meet and ride.

I have to say that all the input I am getting is very usefull in its own way. The most common mistake when a concept is generated is that the creator gets too involved and looses his objectivity. Reading what people have to say definitely gives a bigger picture and a larger perspective

okay the railroads ad maybe with another bottom pic as suggested of a rider on a groomed slope ... anyway I first thought the whole thing was 2 seperate ads and that lead me to another idea as follows

railroad pic

... the ultimate tool for laying tracks

WWW.GFORCECARVING.COM

(simply the first ad without the bottom picture)

would not use it as an introducory ad in a regular snowboard magazine but I just thought this would be a great ad that could be used sometime

• 3 weeks later...

sorry but they are all to busy, heres how you do it:, I know ive had to come up with add before. KISS,+contrast/POP

you have a long product, But the board on the ouside of the page, if you know what side of the publication it will be on.

the riding shots look like they rider is wiping out. you can barely tell what he's on.

You need one of 2 shots, one long shot with a clean carved line, on a fresh groomed slope, with a rider ad the bottom 2/3 of it, with minimal spray

OR a low shot with the board high on angle driving right at the camera.

Minimal info at bottom, possibly black print over/with the snow continuing down to the bottom of the page: name, phone #/website

I like the first one, but I would change the layout. Don't divide it into quarters. Maybe you could have the top 2/3rds of the page split in two. On the left you would have the railroad, and on the right the carve picture. And on the bottom 1/3rd there would be the snowboard pic w/ all the specs + info.

Edit: acutally, just use it as you have it, but combine the bottom half into one frame.