alexgforce

Which add do you like the most?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which add do you like the most?

• ...the ultimate tool for laying tracks
    • ...how low can you get
    • ...draft your path down the slope
    • ...carving requires precision instruments

...just giving honest feedback. "How low can you get" is ok, but you can't see the board or his arms or legs in the picture - he just looks like a blob with a helmet - you will get the classic "what is he doing, falling?" response.

The tracks one I think would be better with a picture of roller coaster tracks. Otherwise the train tracks don't imply speed and g-forces.

The ultimate tool one will confuse people who either don't know what a compass is, or won't figure out what it has to do with snowboarding. A big chef's knife or meat cleaver would make a better impact, and it relates to the name of your boards.

The draft your path one is pure misinformation. The sidecut radius of your board never equals your carve radius. please don't perpetuate that common misconception.

don't take it personally. :1luvu:

I'm jealous. Wish I could have my own private label of carving boards. Good luck.

edit- good point below about changing it to "how low can you <i>go</i>?"

Draft your path down the slope has the most potential, the layout is great and I like how the specs are listed. I would kill drafting analogy misinformation I like the precision driven bit though and work in the pict in from ultimate tool for laying tracks.

I would go with the ultimate tool for laying tracks if modifications are not possible. it has the best pict of snowboarding. and change the top pict.

How low can you go is the one I like better.

I think Jack had a good point with the roller coaster thing though... that would be quite interesting.. the thrill of the rollercoaster mixed with the one you get on your board.

My own advice: forget the "..." . Uneasthetic IMHO. Go straight to the point. The ... implies there could be something else. In publicity, going straight to the point is the key.

That's about it.. for now :biggthump

How low can you GO sounds better to me. Maybe some chicklet in low cut jeans with exposed thong superimposed in the background with little alpine snowboards on the waistband. Front or back view would work. Oh yeah, and have the rider slicing a crazy toe side carve on cord that shows bottom of board and huge rooster tail....and a huge shlt eating grin on the rider's face.....

good start but since I think you can feel the most g force in a jet, so maybe go with something like that. Or maybe a street bike carving up a course in the same angle as the rider.

I also agree about the pic being on cord and with a rooster tail. I'm psyced for you though!:biggthump Congrats.

First of all thanks everyone for your input!!!

JACK, I will take your comments into consideration. I agree with most of the stuff you wrote. The idea behind the use of the railroad photo is that I wanted to have something static. This way the contradiction with the photo underneath would empasize speed and power.

The photos could be much better but thats up to the rider (me). Sean did a great job in terms of image quality. The "how low.." photo indeed has the problems that you mentioned but it is a photo that looks like an explosion and thats mainly why I used it. Hopefully Sean can take some more in the next SES.

The "draft your way..." ad is an abstarct in terms of dims and the idea is to express the technical, precision, accurate qualities of carving. And thats what the numbers are doing. And since I can't mesure the turn exactly I use the numbers that I do know. Would it be better if I didn't use dimensions?

Alex,

I voted for the slogan before I saw that you had attached the ads below.

I voted for Carving requires precision instruments. I still think this sounds the best.

I liked the railroad photo quirky funny thing. Good looking heelside.

I also like the sound of laying tracks.

The how low can you get makes me think of funk song that sounds like the 70s. Photo is powder shot looking and doesn't make me think about low as much as the powder flying.

Draft your path is out for me as I don't feel like anything close to drafting when I snowboard. I don't mind the visual (even if it is misinformation) but it is too antiseptic for me. Not organic enough visual.

I don't care for the compass photo as much. I prefer a laser for precision instrument or a micrometer even if it is not as easily recognisable I think it could still look as precision.

Is Donek making these for you? I like the looks of the board a lot.

Keep up the good work.

AD CAMPAIGNS SHOULD NEVER SAY TOO MUCH....look at Lamborghini.

I've checked your site multiple times and have always been turned off by the lack of full on topsheet and base shots. In your case your ad/site say too little to be honest.

How's that board selling, btw...the carve series?

I agree with D-Sub, you can't sell power-tools on hero photography alone. Companies like Lamborghini get away with the kind of advertising that they do because they are advertising to a completely different market, that makes purchase decisions based upon totally different criteria. What will work in one market will often fail in another.

I've checked your site multiple times and have always been turned off by the lack of full on topsheet and base shots. In your case your ad/site say too little to be honest.

How's that board selling, btw...the carve series?