Note to New Members ×

Need help to find the perfect Board Cover

Seb

I've been looking for the perfect board cover for months. I want something that protect the base and I can throw the board in the trunk without worry. I want tough, thick material. The only thing that I saw on the net that look like what I'm looking is the F2 Neoprene Cover.

http://www.f2-snow.com/f2race/ look at "accessories" section

Did anybody saw one in a shop or a product similar ?

I saw few racers with something similar, but nobody bought it this side of the ocean.

Thx for the help

Seb

post-2431-141842235331_thumb.jpg

I was gonna suggest art's bag also, but since that's already taken care of...

Tognar also has just a base protector. Check out the "SNOWBOARD BASE PROTECTOR" on their bags and racks site http://www.tognar.com/bags_racks_boot_ski_binding_snowboard_accessory.html

There are also two other actual bags on that site, but you kinda sound like you just want the base protection.

160 is the max length. They used to offer a longer version but removed it from their catalog as it was shorter than the mfg claimed. If you use a bag for your board after a day on the slopes, be sure to remove all the snow and water from the board before inserting into the bag to avoid potential rust on your edges.

If you use a bag for your board after a day on the slopes, be sure to remove all the snow and water from the board before inserting into the bag to avoid potential rust on your edges.

Another trick to help prevent rust on the edges is to keep a small old piece of wax somewhere handy (car, sb bag) and just run it down the edges before you put it in the bag or on the roof. I've done this and then thrown boards into Bomber's bag and had no problems.

Speaking of Bomber's Bag howcome no one is giving it some love?

Fleece.

Folks, I have some board sleeves made from a thick fleece like material. It's all sewed up on three sides and velcro on the fourth (at the tail). Works well for throwing the board in the trunk and also is good for protecting boards from eachother while in a larger bag during travel...

Cost be about $40 for three board sleeves.

-Gord

'Cause Homeland Security doesn't take kindly to bags marked "Bomber" going onto airplanes :eplus2:

I thought of that recently when I flew with my stuff and it says Bomber on my leash, board bag and other stuff.

But you shouldn't be using the board sleeve to fly with unless its inside another bag. There's no padding on the sleeve and it would be open for dings and dents from the TSA and Baggage Monkeys. I find the bomber sleeve perfect for in-car and parking lot protection.