Note to New Members ×

Don't tase me, bro

willywhit

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

And the teeth to back it up: The Second Amendment

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Peaceably assemble does not mean you cannot raise your voice, yell, etc. It means simply you are not planning insurrection against the government. The founding fathers would have allowed you to plan/execute insurrection in the case of our government if it is in blatant violation of the God-given rights as stated in the Constitution, as it is already on so many fronts.

What does it mean to abridge the freedom of speech? To try to regulate it in any way, shape or form. Politically correct speech is just that, regulating what/how I am allowed to speak. If it becomes criminal to say the homosexuality is wrong(sorry boys, it is a hot button issue) my freedom has been abridged. I, in return, have to respect what you have to say on the issue, as a free equal in our society. Or not respect it, on the same terms, as an equal. That is freedom, and it has it's responsibilities, too. Not going there now, too lengthy.

The tazared kid? His speech was abridged, a-hole or not. To haul him off was wrong, maybe tazering him was wrong, too, haven't watched the video and do not care to. My $.02 American, for what it is worth.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why is it the ATHIEST AND THE GUY WHO HAS A BIBLE QUOTE FOR A SIGNATURE are in agreement?

Probably because the case is pretty clear the guy's rights got trampled when he said a keyword the SS rushed in to give him some reprograming and making sure that everyone watching knew that state power will trample everyone who stands up and asks questions that the powers that be don't like.

the exact reason there is freedom of speech is so you can say things that other people don't like in particular the government. over the the years there have been many challenges on it and in recent years there have been allot of ways this current administration has tried to put down anyone who does not agree with them and using things like the patriot act to do so.

again, the guy was a bitch but they should of just let Kerry answer the question or not and move on and at that point dragged the guy out of there if need be. quite honestly six cops need to taze a un-armed cook that was not trying to be violent but just get away they need to be taught some self defense anyway and they probably should not be cops.

if the guy was violent he'd a ****ed up at least a couple of the pigs, but no he was just saying they had no right to assault him which was true they rushed him for asking the wrong question.

why is it the ATHIEST AND THE GUY WHO HAS A BIBLE QUOTE FOR A SIGNATURE are in agreement?

Probably because though we may both believe differently on spiritual matters, we agree that this country has been encroaching on personal liberty for quite some time now. The ability to disagree strongly, yet remain friendly is a lost art for most of the masses. Some of the founding fathers of this country were known to vehemently disagree on some matters, yet remain close friends. I would hope this is a sign of maturity, one we could emulate in this day and age.

The ability to disagree strongly, yet remain friendly is a lost art for most of the masses.

being a lil bitch is just an example.

He wasn't asking questions, he was ranting...

If he really wanted to, he would just go and publish what he wants in a newspaper or something.

Bob, I think it was in his best interest to get tazed. Once you get tazed, you fall down and it doesn't really hurt that much anymore, or at least for too long. but if the try to just over power him violently, he'd feel it for a week or two for sure.

gleb, being tazed sucks, once you get whacked you can come back and comment, furthermore it's much less safe than things like pepper spray http://www.engadget.com/2004/11/29/taser-guns-not-as-safe-as-claimed/

there was no need to taze the guy there were plenty of cops there and all they needed to do was cuff him and drag him out. once someone is on the ground, unarmed with five or so cops literally on top of him he is no threat to anyone. Tazing him just risks his life because I am sure they did not check his medical records prior to zapping the **** out of the guy. these nonlethal weapons are there for cops when they think that somebody might be armed or could just plain kick their ass but they don't want to shoot them. In this case it was just not needed AND they should not even touched the guy at the point they did anyhow.

"were you a member of skull and bones?" sounds like a question to me but okay, lets say ranting,(that falls under free speech) is allowed too, what's your problem?

"if he really wanted to he'd go out and publish it in a paper" yeah Gleb, but that's not as effective as using your RIGHT to free speech where you know that something is going to be telivised.

god forbid somebody says something you don't like.

Gleb, dude...you seem cool as hell most of the time, but every time you post something I think you should go back to russia. America is NOT a fascist, controlling regime where we get ****ing ELECTROCUTED for having an opinion or even being an ******* about it. Your reverence for and celebration of aggressive authoritarian behavior is appalling.

It is SO hard to preach tolerance by being intolerant of other people's opinions. Gleb, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but I am certainly not giving you a tazer. ;)

The guy was certainly being a problem and he was certainly resisting arrest. It is ridiculous, however, that 5 or 6 cops felt the need to use a tazer on him. A little patience on the part of the police would have gone a long way in that situation. Ultimately, by getting tazered, the kid got EXACTLY what he wanted - attention, and lots of it.

Ultimately, by getting tazered, the kid got EXACTLY what he wanted - attention, and lots of it.

Although he did want attention, I do not think he wanted attention in the manner he got.

He probably wanted to get attention for his political views and what he was trying to say, not to be forever (or at least for a month) known as the "don't taser me, bro!" guy.

Or he just wanted his 15 minutes of Youtube fame...:biggthump

Although he did want attention, I do not think he wanted attention in the manner he got. .

I doubt he thinks that the price was too high for all the attention he got. In my past I have know plenty of people fighting for their causes that would think that getting tazered by the cops and having that shown around the world was a great thing and completely worth it.

You know, I don't think anyone here has seen or knows enough of the context surrounding the event to know beyond a doubt whether the constitution was trampled here.

The 1st amendment does not give you the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Not that he was exactly doing that, but does anybody know if there were specific rules posted and known by the guy that prohibited badgering, heckling, antagonizing rhetorical questions? I'll bet there were. If there were, then they were right to stop his questioning. Then when he resisted the cops, he screwed himself. You simply do not resist the police. If you do not resist and they still brutalize you, then you own the m-f'ers and they will lose their badge and worse. If you do resist, then, well, you're a dumbass.

I've seen another video that shows him outside the theater after being tasered and hauled out. The guy is either a complete idiot who knows zilch about the law and the way police work, or was 100% grandstanding. He's saying things like "oh my god, they're going to kill me!" and "take these handcuffs off me". He also asked "why am I being arrested?" and the cop responds "inciting a riot". This is ridiculous, but the cop probably lacked the presence of mind to say "attempting to incite a riot", which would have been accurate. Is that justifiable cause for arrest? I don't know, but again, if the guy broke posted rules, then he deserved arresting.

Did they need to taser him? Probably not. He was clearly outnumbered and I didn't see him threatening the police. A friend of mine was a cop who was trained on the taser, which includes being tasered yourself. He said it's an absolutely miserable experience, Gleb. So that's lame of the cops here, but I really don't think a Kent State or Tienanmen Square situation is imminent.

is it a public school?

if so I think it might make that argument harder to use.

I've watched pretty much all the tapes of this and it really is crap, handled wrong by everyone involved.

I've been tazed and I'd rather get punched a couple times and being punched is probably just as safe if not more so if you have underlying health issues which the little piggies would not be qualified to determine.

watch the tape and it's pretty obvious that it was not that he had said something like "**** you I'm gonna kill you" but more something that was politcally incorrect.

with this set of rule you'll be ****ed in this country Jack because I've seen some of your more wholesome posts on some subjects that others might not like

It is SO hard to preach tolerance by being intolerant of other people's opinions.

Sorry but nonsense. Gleb can say whatever the hell he wants, and if I think it's stupid I will say so. Same thing.

only thing is, I didnt say "Gleb, I think you should be physically harmed for being (in my opinion) an AH on this particular topic"

Jack...sorry, but...if the cops are WRONG...we can't resist? I dunno...anyone who defends this is defending a lot of other BS that's going down lately and it may well get a LOT worse.

only thing is, I didnt say "Gleb, I think you should be physically harmed for being (in my opinion) an AH on this particular topic"

Personally attacking someone with words is okay though? It certainly seeems like an undeserved and overboard response due to a lack of tolerance of someone else's opinion. Other people here, including myself, also disagree with Gleb, but have not resorted to personal attacks.

Let me quote you from this thread:

Check out Gleb, the fascist in training! Celebrate that authoritarian nature of yours, fella!

sad to see how brainwashed our youth are if Gleb is representative of them.

Gleb, dude...you seem cool as hell most of the time, but every time you post something I think you should go back to russia. America is NOT a fascist, controlling regime where we get ****ing ELECTROCUTED for having an opinion or even being an ******* about it. Your reverence for and celebration of aggressive authoritarian behavior is appalling.

It seems like our friend Gleb deserves better than these statements, even if he were resisting arrest like the guy in the video, not just offering an opinion on BOL that you dislike.

Personally attacking someone with words is okay though? It certainly seeems like an undeserved and overboard response due to a lack of tolerance of someone else's opinion. Other people here, including myself, also disagree with Gleb, but have not resorted to personal attacks.

Let me quote you from this thread:

It seems like our friend Gleb deserves better than these statements, even if he were resisting arrest like the guy in the video, not just offering an opinion on BOL that you dislike.

Careful Buell, your being a bit too reasonable!! You end up playing "Good Cop vs Bad Cop" and you make the "Ranting Conspiracy Theory Poser's day. JMO

Oops , did I say that out loud? Damn, where is the delete button again.

Jack...sorry, but...if the cops are WRONG...we can't resist?

Unfortunately no. Then anybody could resist for anything. Think about it.

If the cops are wrong then you take it to the judge. Or if you're both lucky and polite, your arresting officer might agree to hear you out.

Believe me, I had my share of draconian experiences with Durham NH's finest. I'm no cop-lover. I think the use of the taser in this case was unnecessary. But as my ex-cop coworker says, if you're a cop and you say come over here I need to speak with you, and your suspect turns their back or doesn't comply, the taser may be used. At that point it's on the cop to make the call.

However the fact that our hapless perp is such a complete moron and/or ass makes it hilarious.

is it a public school?

if so I think it might make that argument harder to use.

Not at all. If I hang around a "no loitering" sign in a public area, not doing anything, am I doing anything wrong? Yes. Then when a cop comes by and tells me to move along, can I say "no, I'm not doing anything"? No.

watch the tape and it's pretty obvious that it was not that he had said something like "**** you I'm gonna kill you" but more something that was politcally incorrect.

He was heckling, and being hysterical. Looks to me like he just wanted his talking points aired. I'd say he did a better job of that than if he had played by the rules. I wonder how many people now are trying to find out if Kerry really did win the election thanks to this utube vid.

Again, let me say the use of the taser was imo unnecessary and was bad PR for the man.

with this set of rule you'll be ****ed in this country Jack because I've seen some of your more wholesome posts on some subjects that others might not like

lol, what is that, a threat? Nowadays I play by the rules, mostly. Especially when my legal record is involved.

I was refering to this http://www.news.com/Create-an-e-annoyance,-go-to-jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

you'll be fine under that one though since I forgot a part of that rule but D-sub is ****ed, yet another example of rights being strangled away in the US.

funny you should mention no loitering because the Barre PD had to change policy after they had made a habit of PCing kids on the Barre common for loitering.

turned out that because it was a public place that they were on shaky ground, after a bunch of parents bitched and one threatened legal action the lawyers for the town told the cops they better have a damn good reason to pick up anyone for loitering on the common.

His opinion promotes and even celebrates personal injury, and damn close to fascist practices. Anyone who condones this sort of activity is going way beyond stating a simple disagreeable opinion.

I see where youre coming from, but I disagre and won't change my stance. I won't say anything else about it though. Just like everything else...it's pretty much a waste of time to argue about this.

Careful Buell, your being a bit too reasonable!! You end up playing "Good Cop vs Bad Cop" and you make the "Ranting Conspiracy Theory Poser's day. JMO

Oops , did I say that out loud? Damn, where is the delete button again.

Yeah yeah Gear Vacuum...I'm a ranting conspiracy theory...POSER? How the hell am I a poser?

Why did I even bother reading your post?

oh, to QUOTE YOU, so you cant pull yet another post ghost and come out smelling like roses. :lol:

"were you a member of skull and bones?" sounds like a question to me but okay, lets say ranting,(that falls under free speech) is allowed too, what's your problem?

Asking a candidate if he is a member of a secret society is good. Much in the geo-political world seems to be decided in these orginizations. Many of these societies have a definate Luciferian worship connection. You may not believe, but they sure do. Don't diss me for saying it (or diss me, it's your right) just spend some time looking for the connections, you may be suprised. A lot of these people feel it is their natural right to rule, not a privlege to be voted in and serve. Just my $.02....

I also feel a little like the kid that passes by a bees nest, swats it and runs. I hope I don't offend anyone personally, but what I've said is publicly verified fact, not unresearched rant.

Asking a candidate if he is a member of a secret society is good. Much in the geo-political world seems to be decided in these orginizations. Many of these societies have a definate Luciferian worship connection. You may not believe, but they sure do. Don't diss me for saying it (or diss me, it's your right) just spend some time looking for the connections, you may be suprised. A lot of these people feel it is their natural right to rule, not a privlege to be voted in and serve. Just my $.02....

I also feel a little like the kid that passes by a bees nest, swats it and runs. I hope I don't offend anyone personally, but what I've said is publicly verified fact, not unresearched rant.

Woo hoo. Just did not want this milestone to go unnoticed. First time I have seen Luciferian come up in a thread on any message board that I am a part of. The devil is alive and well, especially in politics.