Note to New Members ×

Continue your political debate here

tex1230

I posted a tribute to my friends and co-workers who died in the WTC, and several here took it upon themselves to start a political debate on the war.

I have nothing against a good debate, especially as civil as that one was, but I didn't think it was appropriate to leave the thread meant to respect those who died up when it had becomme a discussion of how terrible the US is.

If everyone snowboarded we would not have to nuke anyone.

If less people golfed I could play my round faster so let’s nuke anyone higher than a 20 handicap.

If everyone had a gun we would have LESS crime.

If we had more prisons we would have fewer criminals on the streets.

If we had more republicans in office and on the bench we would have stricter and harsher punishments.

If we would enforce the death penalty we would have more room in prisons.

If we left other nations alone we could have a good national health care system.

If we left other nations alone we could have a top notch public education system.

If we spent more time in school we would be a living in a better USA.

:AR15firin:smashfrea:flamethro:barf::nono::eplus2::argue::confused::boxing_sm:freak3::biggthump:biggthump

Sorry Tex. I mainly lurk here lately (if anything). Guess I should of kept my "turn the middle east into glass" comment to myself.

I'm pretty opinionated on the middle east having lived there for 4+ years. I guess you can say I'm tainted...that's usually a by-product of bombs going off in your compound...and seeing friends get injured/killed. Or personally getting shot at by terrorist snipers...

I know nuking is never going to happen and it's obviously a bit extreme.

In reality we should just let Israel do the dirty work for us. They are a ruthless bunch...

Somebody mentioned it was a dishonor to the troops that have died to say we should nuke the middle east. I cannot dispute that, but IMHO people are dying over OIL which is worse. If there was no oil in the middle east westerners wouldn't even be there. Actually if there was no oil in the middle east they would be a bunch of goat/camel herding bedouins fighting each other with sticks, rocks, and bows.

The amount of money we've spent on the war in Iraq could have been put towards technology to make us less dependant on oil. But now the war is quite the money maker for many companies and I don't see the U.S. leaving Iraq for the next 15-20 years.

Anyways-Back to my hibernation until winter...

I thought this was a snowboard site, Crazy how the mighty have fallen....

Any one want to talk about Cooking or perhaps Babysitting on this site also?????

Why is it again alpine snowboarding is still not spreading to the masses?

Oh yea cuz we would rather talk about other topics on a snowboard site then snowboarding???

Any one want to talk about Cooking or perhaps Babysitting on this site also?????

Oh yea cuz we would rather talk about other topics on a snowboard site then snowboarding???

I complained when Fin took off the ban on politics, but I guess everyone wants to tell you how your opinion is wrong...

Or personally getting shot at by terrorist snipers...

If you are enlisted in an active military and in a combat zone as an occupation force, they are not terrorists. Enemy combatants, just like you.

I know I'm one that "sullied" the discussion but the sad fact is...most people still only say "damn then Iraqis" when it comes to talking about all this. What's more disrespectful, perpetrating lies or desiring the truth to unfold?

It angers me beyond words to think that what happened, even if the official story is dead on, happened due to religious and political zealotry.

won't say anymore.

The amount of money we've spent on the war in Iraq could have been put towards technology to make us less dependant on oil. But now the war is quite the money maker for many companies and I don't see the U.S. leaving Iraq for the next 15-20 years.

The price of alternative energy sources is phenominal compared to the war and any real solutions for widespread use are just as far off. Don't worry, we'll get there and it'll be before we kill the earth. (Disclaimer: I don't condone the illusion of global warming and the human race single handedly wiping themselves off the face of this planet.)

As for the forum, I didn't think it was so much a hardbooting forum as it was a place for people of similar interest to get together and discuss things that come across their mind. When you go boardin with your other boardin buddies, do you ONLY talk about boarding? No side conversations about music or longboarding or relationships or that idiot in florida getting tazered? I find that unlikely. This is what the off topic area is for.

And finally

won't say anymore.

I also find that unlikely. :)

Another disclaimer:

I'm a relaxed kind of guy; not very formal... Just about everything I say is said in good fun. If anybody is offended by stuff I say then they probably didn't understand me correctly. And if they're still offended, well then they'll just have to live with it.

As for the forum, I didn't think it was so much a hardbooting forum as it was a place for people of similar interest to get together and discuss things that come across their mind. When you go boardin with your other boardin buddies, do you ONLY talk about boarding? No side conversations about music or longboarding or relationships or that idiot in florida getting tazered? I find that unlikely. This is what the off topic area is for.

zackly.

and, prepare to be amazed, pebu, as I won't be saying anything else in this thread, related to this thread. I wanted to see the response to the terrorist fallacy statement, but that's it for me.

If you are enlisted in an active military and in a combat zone as an occupation force, they are not terrorists. Enemy combatants, just like you.

Nice assumption, but I'm not/wasn't active duty/military. All the terrorist stuff I went through was while I was in Saudi Arabia.

Terrorists fight like pansies. Granted it's the smart thing to do because they would get their arses handed to them head on vs the US military.

Anyways I'm with D. I've probably said too much here already. Back to lurking.

Also I believe Billy is right-we should stick to boarding and not politics on BOL. We're getting sidetracked from the common stoke that brought us together here in the first place. Not to mention I don't want somebody trying to beat me down at SES because of my strong opinions! ;)

and, prepare to be amazed, pebu, as I won't be saying anything else in this thread, related to this thread. I wanted to see the response to the terrorist fallacy statement, but that's it for me.

No, don't stop yet. You're almost at 3000 posts. Is Fin gonna make a new title just for you? Well, not just for you, Pebu is making up ground pretty fast considering the late start. :lol:

I pretty much stayed out of this one and there were at least three days that I did not look at the thread and then it got yanked but I figured where it was going.

I really don't think it's bad that people talk about these things, dialog is generally good even when we get all keyboard cowboy.

With regards to off topic discussions on a snowboarding forum - I think that it helps to keep the board alive. If there are more reasons for people to come back to the board - great. It creates more of a community. It would get pretty dead here in the middle of summer if snowboarding were the only thing to discuss. If you don't care to read off topic discussions, politics included, stay out of the off topic threads. Seems simple enough. I've learned a lot from all the nerds (I'm one too), and not just about snowboarding.

First and foremost I'm here for the boarding info - all of the other discussions keep me interested until the subject of riding comes up again. Politics? I know enough not to get myself too invloved on a forum - it makes for interesting reading though for those that choose to voice their opinion.

How about kiteing, or how much "Bordy Rawks"?:biggthump

pebu, this is not a political forum. sorry. the similar interest we all have is alpine snowboarding. and NO, i do not usually talk about politics with my friends, unless i met them at some kind of politically related event. as i said earlier, some things, like your salary, are just better left unsaid. some people don't understand these concepts, some people just don't get it - the game of life, that is. some people don't care. ps you are old enough to vote, right?

I'll admit that my life experience is fairly limited since I'm only 24. I'm old enough to vote and I most definately do every chance I get. I'm obviously not infallable, but I try to pay attention to both sides.

I think that as long as we're civilized friends can have conversations with other friends about all sorts of stuff. Of course there are some places that it's inappropriate. I don't think that this is one of them.

As for bordy... I've never met him, so I can't in good faith make an educated decision on whether or not he rawks. Maybe some day...