Note to New Members ×

bomber soft-boot bindings?

Guest AllMountain

• 3 weeks later...

I have had both catek freerides and freeride 2's, but they are a bit heavy and have too many adjustments for me so I wanted try simplicity of the bomber setup with a softboot binding so here is my first version to try out this coming season. the blocks are made from billet aluminum and will look better once I am sure that they work, but thought some of you might want to see it...

post-420-1418422363_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842236303_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842236305_thumb.jpg

Also keep in mind that we do not recommend using hard boot bindings on a soft boot board. Some of the boards out there can not stand up to the forces that hard boots put on the board. It's just something to keep in mind, it's nothing you guys have to pick apart and analyze. :)

Also keep in mind that we do not recommend using hard boot bindings on a soft boot board. Some of the boards out there can not stand up to the forces that hard boots put on the board. It's just something to keep in mind, it's nothing you guys have to pick apart and analyze. :)

No problem Michelle, and thanks.

It's a nice looking mod. Except I'd be skeptical of the stiffness of what the toestrap is attatched to. It kinda looks like on a hard heelside you'd almost pull your toe off the plate...

I am making aluminum blocks for the toe straps as well, but they are taking a little longer becasue I want to make them a little smaller than the heal blocks.

Uh, svr, have you got a little too much free time at the base machine shop?? Looks like a good beginning!

Yes Jon, I have too much time and waiting for the snow is making me a bit crazy. regretfully I was not able to use the machine shop for the creation, but when the prototypes are finished a friend of mine is going to make me a set using the right tools so they will look more professional :)