Note to New Members ×

bomber soft-boot bindings?

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain

bomber folks - do you have any plans to do soft-boot bindings?

i own TD2s and am planning to buy soft boot bindings soon. would be cool if i could swap between hard and soft, leaving the cant disks in place...

(apologies if this has already been discussed.)

bomber folks - do you have any plans to do soft-boot bindings?

i own TD2s and am planning to buy soft boot bindings soon. would be cool if i could swap between hard and soft, leaving the cant disks in place...

(apologies if this has already been discussed.)

I would love to be able to bolt some ultra-stiff softboot bindings on top of my Bomber Suspension Kit and the bottom half of my TD2s. But I think the "Bomber Softboot Binding" would have to use a different Base Plate. (Sorry if this is what you mean).

We have certainly thought about it over the years but I would not hold your breath. The one issue is it is a VERY competitive market with lots of already good products (IMHO). One of those is the Catek soft bindings. Jeff already gives you a good option on a high quality soft boot binding.

We did go into the telemark binding business though and that has worked out well for us.

After 15 years of this, you never know what we'll do next. I don't know what we'll do next! :eplus2:

We have certainly thought about it over the years but I would not hold your breath. The one issue is it is a VERY competitive market with lots of already good products (IMHO). One of those is the Catek soft bindings. Jeff already gives you a good option on a high quality soft boot binding.

We did go into the telemark binding business though and that has worked out well for us.

After 15 years of this, you never know what we'll do next. I don't know what we'll do next! :eplus2:

How a bout a Bomber Mountain Bike. that would be awesome. Make it a 29er please. :biggthump

What I would like to see is an adapter plate that allows you to mount any softboot binding to the TD2 lower assembly. This would buy you cant, lift, and dampening.

Or maybe a dedicated lower assembly for soft bindings to achieve the same thing but with less weight - that is, the soft binding would mount right to the cant disk.

On another note, how bout one of them new skull-sized golf drivers?

What I would like to see is an adapter plate that allows you to mount any softboot binding to the TD2 lower assembly. This would buy you cant, lift, and dampening.

Or maybe a dedicated lower assembly for soft bindings to achieve the same thing but with less weight - that is, the soft binding would mount right to the cant disk.

On another note, how bout one of them new skull-sized golf drivers?

Golf clubs require very precise welding. I've never seen any significant welding come out of Bomber.

I'm surprised we haven't seen any lift/cant/dampening things for softies. They have those Palmer lifter plates, but that's not the same. Then again, softbooters buy boots that can be heat molded but don't bother because its too much work or something. They are used to slop and using their body to make up for sub-par equipment or something???

I'm surprised we haven't seen any lift/cant/dampening things for softies.

Lift, cant, and damping have all been done in the past. Like you said, the lift is being done by Palmer. It is also being done by Burton. Damping is being done by Burton as well this year (ECS). I have not seen cants around for softies for a while, but I still have some old cant/lifts in the "old bindings box" in the basement.

I don't claim to know all of the current tech, so maybe there is more out there that I don't know about.

I'd like to see a one piece golf club cnc'd out of a block of titanal...you think they could do that? no welding involved!

I'd rather see it machined out of lead for weight and then machine a 1/2" hole or so and place a steel plunger inside this hole. Then a CO2 gas charged pressure chamber is loaded so that all I do is place the club head behind the ball and pull a trigger on the grip. I bet I could out drive Tiger.

Guest AllMountain
... it is a VERY competitive market with lots of already good products (IMHO). One of those is the Catek soft bindings.

well, jeff does make hard-boot bindings too, but some of us chose yours over his for some reason...

also, even if they were equal on merit, i'd choose the one that's compatible with my existing gear.