Note to New Members ×

Question about F2 Speedcross

mnfusion

I am considering buying a F2 Speedcross. I would be using it as a soft boot carving board (I have a size 7 foot so fit is not a worry). I did a search on past threads about this board and some people were really against this board saying it was crap. I guess I am wondering what people like or don't dislike about this board.

I had one see pics I am not sure what year it was. I gotta say it was one of the best softie carvers I have ridden. I didn't particulary like it with hard boots though. that might have contributed to the negative press. I rode it with switch softies at high enough angles to clear the heels and toes on a size 13 boot. It was quick responxive and screaming fast. the base had kind of a dimpled golf ball texture thing going on that was super fast. all and all I wish I still had it.

post-2375-141842235296_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842235297_thumb.jpg

My brother got the Speedcross last season. He rides HB.

He likes it but I need to say that for years he has been riding (not a lot though) with a F2 Firebird really to small for him as he grew up a lot (from 16 years old to over 25)...so in my opinion he likes the speedcross because it's easier and more fun than with his old 'too short' board.. but still quite easy to ride with a little bit of powder or on non groomed runs. I guess he will keep on liking it for a little while because he only rides a few days every year....for other riders riding more often or looking for more 'radical' stuff, I guess it might not be the right board....many riders don't like it that much, that is true...I haven't tried it so, I can't really compare with my other boards.

I'm pretty sure the Speedcross is simply an updated Breezer...which I imported into the US a few years back and only used a season. It wasn't very good IMO versus my older Burton Wire/Coil which was the competing board variant at the time. I thought the Burton had better edge hold and was a lot more lively.