Note to New Members ×

My Board Sleeve Idea

Art

I know it would cost more, but how about one with a reinforced bottom and wheels? Multiple boards start getting heavy...

Set of roller blade wheels on a shaft. Have you seen those? Easy to pack and they just strap on what every you want to convert into a roller.

The kid going to Timberline Summer Camp just use their skateboards. Smart!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brain, We can do a silgle that is padded with 1/4 inch foam any lenght/width you want. The lighter foam keeps the profile down. This was our first design, very simple but effective. The idea was to be a little more substantial than a "sock". Let me know if your interested. Art

post-120-141842234984_thumb.jpg

post-120-141842234986_thumb.jpg

Brain, We can do a silgle that is padded with 1/4 inch foam any lenght/width you want. The lighter foam keeps the profile down. This was our first design, very simple but effective. The idea was to be a little more substantial than a "sock". Let me know if your interested. Art

Looks good Art.

Send me a quote on a bag that will hold a 203 alpine board and a 185cm

Thanks, Bryan AKA "BRAIN" :biggthump It was particularly fun when someone would write it on the blackboard that way. (to you yun'ins, it is like a white board but doesn't clean as easy and you use caulk on it)

Thanks, Bryan AKA "BRAIN" :biggthump It was particularly fun when someone would write it on the blackboard that way. (to you yun'ins, it is like a white board but doesn't clean as easy and you use caulk on it)

I'm sure you're just screwing around with us on this one Brain, I mean Bryan. I am sure you meant to say 'Chalk' rather than 'caulk'. Probably just did that to keep with the thred!!

Hi, Brain or is it Bryan?? :lol:

Everything okay, can't wait before season starts..........

I will get a Tinkler sleeve in the right colors. Will make a review overhere.

Also get my new Deeluxe Track 700 T from Blue-tomato tomorrow...... :cool:

Hans, your bag is on the table being cut as I write this. I hope to have pics posted as soon as it is done if you dont mind. Just a few notes that I discussed with Kenneth regarding some of the features for the bags: The tool pocket will be towards the front of the bag, enough room for a t-handle, stone, file, wax, and a compact edge tool. We had originally put it in the middle, but I did not like the way the board went in (the tool would catch slightly on the toe/heel blocks). Putting it near the shovel/tip minimized this. Keep in mind, you can specify where you want it but I think this works best. The seperator sleeves are insulated with the thinner 1/4" foam But this still offers plenty of protection to the base from second board kits on the reserve boards.

IMPORTANT: If you have risers on the bindings, we need to know the overall binding height. These are designed around TD2'S and will accommodate the suspension kit, and will work for Catek, but blocks and plates need to be measured for overall height.

Again, thanks to all for the interest, contact me or Kenneth at Phunnybaggs with questions/orders :biggthump

Hans, your bag is on the table being cut as I write this. I hope to have pics posted as soon as it is done if you dont mind. Just a few notes that I discussed with Kenneth regarding some of the features for the bags: The tool pocket will be towards the front of the bag, enough room for a t-handle, stone, file, wax, and a compact edge tool. We had originally put it in the middle, but I did not like the way the board went in (the tool would catch slightly on the toe/heel blocks). Putting it near the shovel/tip minimized this. Keep in mind, you can specify where you want it but I think this works best. The seperator sleeves are insulated with the thinner 1/4" foam But this still offers plenty of protection to the base from second board kits on the reserve boards.

IMPORTANT: If you have risers on the bindings, we need to know the overall binding height. These are designed around TD2'S and will accommodate the suspension kit, and will work for Catek, but blocks and plates need to be measured for overall height.

Again, thanks to all for the interest, contact me or Kenneth at Phunnybaggs with questions/orders :biggthump

I don't mind it at all if I get a discount hahaha.

Yes, I only use TD2's. You know my Tinkler with the big, long riser plate and the high sticks on it, the sticks stay on board when put in the sleeve (sticks height including screws to vary the tension of the board about 47mm, thickness of the board about 2 cm in the middle)!!! I only use the standard intec TD2 on this board. I have a Coiler 180 II RC which I use with the extra suspension kit. I don't care for the extra tool pocket because I use a big tool box for that because I have a bunch of stuff to carry which won't fit in any bag. But you can put it on if it don't hurt the practical use of the main bag/sack. Lookin' forward to it. Don't rush it, take your time, there isn't any snow here around in Europe. Boards are still in the closet waiting to get out grrrrrrr.....

OK, I went to the Phunnybaggs site and can see we still need to do some work regarding the flow for orders. I know it is being worked on, but if you want a bag, email me and I will forward it to Kenneth. Also, he does bags for ANY TYPE OF BOARD, softies, wake boards, surfboards, and even kite boards inspite of their faddishness. I have been trying to get him to update his site with pics of his projects, hopefully he will get it done soon.

Given that you will be designing your bag to handle multiple boards, how will the design compensate for the liklihood that the bag will in all probability be carrying several boards of different length? It seems like the main point of having a bag that carries multiple boards would be to permit one to bring boards of different length/characteristics to the mountain.

If I had such a bag, and was carrying a 187, a 175 and a 158, I wouldn't want the 158 (or the 175) to be sliding freely along the whole length of the 187 as I carry it. I imagine the bindings would take care of this to some extent, but only two boards can be facing one another on the binding side, while two boards have the bases facing each other. It seems like without length-tailored pockets, the boards will shift while carrying them, causing weight to shift etc ...

It would be really cool if such a product had some kind of system for restricting the mobility of each board, so that they don't slide against each other.

Queequeg, the boards sort of nest together near the tips. To be honest, I never tried a 157 with my 179, but the foam in the seperation sleeves starts and stops from 1 foot from the tip all the way to 1 foot from the tail to offer plenty of protection from the cant plates. It is hard to explain, but I have had a 168 with a 179 with minimal movement. If you intend to carry a softie with your alpine we need to know proir to putting it together due to having 2 sets of bindings mounted and those would need to go base to base. As it is this is set up for one full set of binders with one or two second board kits on the spare boards, or possibly two full TD set-ups base to base.

Just some more pics of the construction features. This was the first run of Han's bag but due to the thickness of the foam, it ended up too narrow for Hans's requirements. His was redone and should be in the mail today. I planned to take pics of his too but my camera battery died. this is his color scheme and design though. There are pockets on the rear flap and nose, the deviders are padded and the webbing used for the handle and hangin loop is heavy duty. Also, Kenneth discovered that when he put the paddding in the dividers, he had to double up the outer seams and trim making a really strong final seam. we were also talking about having people send in board tracings for some of the more progressive designs like pow-sticks and such.

post-120-141842235423_thumb.jpg

post-120-141842235424_thumb.jpg

post-120-141842235425_thumb.jpg