Note to New Members ×

Snowshoe West va

Recon

Mr. Yellow

The south end of the mountain has steeper pitch/ (Widow-maker area) not always groomed & it gets bumped up quickly.

Mid- mountain is a mixture!

The North end is more gentle & better for carving. (Log slide etc.) Western territory has 2 long steep runs/ I enjoy them on a free ride board/ but want nothing to do with them on a long Alpine stick

Snowshoe side is larger, more diverse & more popular, which translates into crowds.

Silver creek is smaller, more family orientated; better groom/ less crowded/ wider runs.

More carver friendly / at least most of the time!

Explore / ride it all.. I’m driving up early Sunday Morning, How about meeting in Silver creek lodge/ first floor in front of Misty’s sport bar 10;00 I should have my ducks in a row/ armed & dangerous by then. Red Coiler in hand. Let’s ride. Hopefully you can catch Petrol also!

You will be disappointed after Aspen LOL

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

didnt get back from steamboat till 1 am fri/sat... worked on sat, still recovering from my trip to steamboat.... rode waist deep for so many days that my legs are toast, so i went rock climbing today. bonus being that ski-babe finally realized why i love snowboarding so much, took a lesson and was linking turns on greens by the end of day one... and her instructor was even teaching them the diff btw skidding and carving... i wanna move to CO.

....i wanna move to CO.
I knew that was coming :D

Recon, I was out in the blizzard like conditions saturday riding my butt off. Absolutely loved it!

well, it didn't all start off that good though...

Checked in at SilverCreek, unloaded the Expedition (my wife & daughter packed WAY to much junk, I hardly had room for the four snowboards I brought to ride, lol). Anyway, I ran down to get a few runs in while they were settling in, plopped down my older Alp 170, snapped in my front foot and broke my rear binding trying to get my back foot in... DAMN!

I hoofed it back to the Expy and grabbed my 'new-2-me' Burton Ultra Prime... Holy Cow! That thing Rails!

Suzanne & Taylor had had enough by 3:00 but I rode until they kicked me out at 9:00.

I got back out for first tracks at SilverCreek and it was awesome being the only one on the lifts and runs, I bet I got in 20 laps in an hr. But they 'moved' Taylors snowboard lesson from SilverCreek to the Shaver center at Snowshoe, so we then had to pack up, check out and drive over to the Shoe, where we spent the rest of the day.

Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you or Mellow, but I was on the snow every possible minute and sure did keep my eyes open looking for another hardbooter all weekend.... and saw none.

Had a great time, never got to ride my 'new-2-me' Rossi 166... I guess I 'could' have rode it for first tracks Sunday morning as the groom was pretty good, but that's about it because it's nose is so freaking short and low, I'd be afraid to take it into ANY crud, chop or bumps...

I guess that what next weekends for :D

K-2 we all expected to hear that from you/ ski-babe may be easily convinced now lol

I hit a tree Sat night on the way up here/ looked like something from Dukes of Hazard

Sorry I missed you Petrol on Sunday/ I was having a bad day with severe back pain/ so ridding suffered! Met Mellow Yellow/ sort of did one run with him/ then I went to get a shorter board/ then could not find him again/ he had 2 carve babes from NC up here with him/ I heard they were on the mountain on Monday/ but I could not find them! Monday was pretty good/ Soft groom! very nice/ but flat light! I had a great day Monday! Today good groom but hard as a rock! I did 2 runs then stopped/ going back out in a couple hrs hoping it is softer! Ok it was softer after lunch/ had some pretty good runs/ also met a pretty impressive ski-babe so Im glad I did not leave early!!!!

headed home tonight!

:D

Met Mellow Yellow/ sort of did one run with him/

Let me fix that....

Met Mellow Yellow/ I straight shot the run and left him in the dust/
:p

Yeah, I waited up at the shack for about 10 min and gave up... never did meet up with my carve patrol. Waited a few more for you to show and started to think you may have headed for the Shoe.... I had to jet at noon so I caught the bus, ran Cupp once and played at the Shoe until right around noon....

here is a link to the video Snowshoe put together of our Summit.... click on the Skisoutheast video.... can you spot me :D

http://video.snowshoemtn.com/flash/player/

Funny Yellow

I knew the bottom of the run was flat & needed speed to make it over to the lift LOL who likes walking???

I did some riding that day on the snowshoe side/ north/ looked for ya!

Waited at top of lift for a while after board change!!!

Distance x Gas x Conditions x IntraWest usury rates = NoShoe Easter Trip.

Going to Boone/Appalachian instead for weekend.

Hope to catch the Southeast Carve Posse at Snowshoe next season.

(Maybe slumping economy will knock some sense into IWest on cost.)

Cheers to all

BoarderBoy