Recon

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gunslinger

Snow pretty good/ but can change every day!

I was up there last week / Sunday was high wind/ crowed/ they closed many lifts on snowshoe side/ forcing the masses to Silver Creek,, I only rode about 1.5 hrs Too many people/groom stunk! Monday Am woke up to 4 below/ it was one below when the rope dropped / had a heat wave to 22/ it was a awesome day/ Sunny/ crisp squeaky very fast snow! Awesome groom! Sunday night snowed 3 inches, overcast day, they groomed the easy 1/2 of the Snowshoe, it was great as was Silver Creek! Tue. Rained most of the night so I packed it up in the Am & came home----Warm ... Looking at the forecast/ cold again Tue & wed so I’m going!!!!!!!! Conditions can change in a day!

Good luck!

One of the benefits of winter un-employment I guess!

Its snowing hard/ they are calling for 5 inches/ It will be good for Gunslinger this weekend! Ski-Babe is going to get sooooooooo Hooked at Steamboat

But then again/ that was your plan Right? Devious!:nono:

Ha Proud of ya!

Guest Gunslinger

Looks like my buddy from work is going to back out, this will most likely eliminate me as well because I can't afford to foot the hotel bill by myself. We were going to stay at the Silver Creek lodge for 2 nights.

I'm thinking of heading to Wisconsin, as I have family there, and can stay for free. Not sure about what to do yet.

That's the plan Petrol/ driving up at un-Godly hr! riding all day Sunday & Monday/ most likely Ride Cascade area at the creek/ depending on conditions

Or Log-slide area Snowshoe side!/ Parking & working out of Shamrock/ hoping unit will be Vacant! :sleep:

as much as I'd love to get first tracks in saturday, I won't even be getting to the resort until about noon on saturday... due to bringing the whole fam up and checking in at the Silvercreek Lodge

Now Sunday, I'll be ready to ride early :D

I am not familiar with the shoe - can you guys name a time and place to meet either sat/sun or both and I will make every attempt to be there..... I am staying slopeside in the "mountain lodge" I think it is called..... Sat night will be at the moonshine bar from 4-7ish for the SkiSoutheast party - if you show up I might be able to get you free lift tickets for Sunday.

On sun first tracks are by the soaring eagle lift at 8:15

oh and don't know if you can do this now, but "Make reservation online and enter the code MWD100 to receive $100 off your lodging package. (Must be a two or more night stay" I think you can call and tell them that you forgot to mention this deal if you have your reservations!