Note to New Members ×

CiloGear

cail

no... but skis are doable on the 45L version.

"The flat front panel of the pack means that the 45L WorkSack excels at diagonal carrying skiis." (i think they meant 'carrying skis diagonally')

but i'll be getting the 60L so i can fit more stuff and also carry my crampons and ice axes.

Guest crackers
no... but skis are doable on the 45L version.

"The flat front panel of the pack means that the 45L WorkSack excels at diagonal carrying skiis." (i think they meant 'carrying skis diagonally')

but i'll be getting the 60L so i can fit more stuff and also carry my crampons and ice axes.

I own CiloGear.

The below is a picture of one of our beta testers bouldering V something or other on the way up to Tuckerman's last spring. He's wearing a 60L pack with the Pouch add-on. I think that he rides a 168 or so. The pouch will be available for sale by November. It fits all of our packs, and in the words of one guy who was testing it for a now defunct magazine, "it's great. i actually didn't notice the fact i was carrying my snowboard for the first time in my life." How often have you gone bouldering carrying your snowboard?

climbing%20with%20the%20pouch%202.jpg

Most folks who know more about skiing than I do, like Lou Dawson, seem to call the act of carrying skis in a diagonal configuration "diagonal carry". I'm not a skiier. I learned to snowboard back at Snowbowl in Missoula in 1992, and I still haven't really learned to ski beyond the necessary for approach skiing for my snowboard mountaineering adventures. Please forgive me if I get the nomenclature wrong. And correct me!

You can see a few more pictures of the prototype in action at http://picasaweb.google.com/cilogear/Pouch

thanks.

Yep, its typically called "diagonal carry" or "diagonal ski carry" or something like that. I knew what you meant regardless of the grammar.

By the looks of those packs, with the d-rings and clips and crap, you could probably rig up almost any kind of carry.

I tend to use smaller packs for riding since its mostly lift access, side country or road access back country.

Props to Crackers for jumping in and answering questions. That's like the kind of service we see from Donek and Coiler. Awesome.

And looks like they're making Dyneema packs as well. Dyneema's awesome stuff. I used to work for a rope manufacturer and we used tons of it, because it's really strong and incredibly abrasion resistant. And really really soft and cuddly in filament form, but I digress...

That 60l worksack is a nice looking thing. I ws looking for an Arcteryx pack to replace my poor Eureka, but one of those might do the trick nicely, at about 1/3 the price.

hey crackers do you work for CiloGear (saw you have your website as cilogear.com so I assume you do)? i just heard of them today when i was looking at The Gunks website. after reading the interview with Graham Williams I was really impressed. :biggthump

PS on the nomenclature i didn't know either, the wording just seemed strange to me.

Guest crackers

Cail: Graham Crackers. Doh! :lol:

CiloGear is a small company, and we try to provide the best possible customer service we can. I've heard nothing but great things about Bomber, Donek and Coiler.

Dyneema is great. We're making packs out of Non woven and woven dyneema®. DSM is really supportive, and the packs should be on sale at the end of October. Just don't :flamethro them, or they'll melt.

The versatility of our patent pending Dee-Clip system borders on ridiculous. You can strap packs to each other, you can move the straps around to perform compression and/or load transfer, you can do whatever you can imagine. Including carrying snowboards is such a way that the load is on the suspension, and it can't bite your heels/ankles/calves... ;)

The new models will be out in late October. You might well find a smaller pack that fits your needs...