Note to New Members ×

Boot Upgrades ... will this work?

queequeg

I'm planning on doing a few boot upgrades this season: BTS and a better liner.

I have a pair of Head Stratos Pros, I know that bomber doesn't technically support the BTS on the Stratos, but I've seen it done and it seems to work well for those who have done it - any additional feedback would be appreciated before I take the plunge.

Otherwise, I want to add a custom liner for better fit, and warmth - Is the ThermoFlex Speed going to work out allright inside my head Stratos Pros?

My boots are MP 26 if it matters.

Thanks for the help!

I know that bomber doesn't technically support the BTS on the Stratos, but I've seen it done and it seems to work well for those who have done it - any additional feedback would be appreciated before I take the plunge.
Correct, the BTS kits was not designed for the Head boots; therefore, the boot should not be modified to make it fit.

And yes, if I had it to do all over again, I would without hesitation. My Stratos perform much better with the BTS kit than without. IMO, a phenomenal product.

I have a pair of Head Stratos Pros, I know that bomber doesn't technically support the BTS on the Stratos, but I've seen it done and it seems to work well for those who have done it - any additional feedback would be appreciated before I take the plunge.

Check this thread:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=14297

• 4 months later...
Hey thanks .. sounds like the liners may be out of the question, (though I haven't looked at zipfit) but I'm definitely going to be adding the BTS.
Hey all... I'm going to be switching my BTS from my old Raichles to my new Head Stratos Pro. I've read the main "Head BTS" thread from a year ago and from reading Bosco's instructions... the main thing I need is a drill with a 3/16" drill bit and some 3/16" bolts with the head cutoff (so that existing BTS pins don't work). I remove the original mechanism and then flex the boot to the flex I want... then I take the BTS (set to neutral position with the nuts unscrewed as far out as possible without exposing any inner threads) and mark where the top hole is (very carefully) and then I drill through.

Am I missing anything... anyone who has done this have any extra tips to add?

Thanks

lonerider...buy some pins from bomber. easier than using bolts, and they're cheap.

Second That.

I have made a few mods to MY HSP's that have really improved the comfort and ride of the boots for me ... once I'm all finished up I'm going to post my results.

Note: the speed liner works BEAUTIFULLY in the HSP boot, particularly when combined with a booster strap and the BTS.

• 11 months later...

queequeg, "I have made a few mods to MY HSP's that have really improved the comfort and ride of the boots for me ... once I'm all finished up I'm going to post my results."

Just curious, a year later what the results were and how you like them? I just installed my BTS last night. Found a real simple way to 'spot the top hole' for the BTS. Once you've determined the desired location, with the 'spring housing' in place, just shine a bright LED flashlight through the plastic from the back, and mark the center! Drill with a pilot drill (small) then, after verifying center, work you way up to desired diameter. With 'spring housing' still in place, using it as a drill guide simply drill through it into the other side of boot. Worked great for me (not HSP, just Stratos).

From everything I've read, Can't wait to try them, but curious as to your input after using them :). Thanks -- jp