Note to New Members ×

Coilers for sale

JoelP

My inventory is getting to big and it will be ashame that these boards will not get the love they deserve this coming winter. I've got to downsize due to some personal issues so these 2 boards are for sale.

186 PR Custom GS: 18 waist, 16 SCR and 6.4 flex (Bruce's stiffness index), This is truly been my favorite board of all the boards owned. It does short tight turns or long fast turns, doesn't wobble, doesn't vibrate, it's a sweet ride. It's Superboard construction is so damp it feels smooth in all conditions.

SOLD 196 PR SGS: 19 waist, 17 SCR and 5.9 flex, This is a Cadillac, Rolls Royce ride. Nothing stops it but its still capable of making the tightest of turns when you want it. Feels most at home on open slopes just cruising at Mach speeds and it's so damp it builds a super amount of confidence. It too is Superboard construction.

Both boards are in near new, actually better than new, condition. The bases are perfect and I've race tuned the edges to 1 bottom and 3 sides and fully polished. You can not get this good an edge from a new board, they just don't get the hand polish and love from the factory like this.

Either board is $450 + shipping and because of their length I can only ship in the US. Feel free to email me for any further info.

thanks, Joel

post-242-141842234854_thumb.jpg

Hi Bryan,

I sold that 195 Split tail last year. Kind of hated to let it go since it was a one of a kind but the 196 rode so much nicer and all around versatile, I had no need to keep the 195 sitting around in storage. I actually think I listed it here and sold it off the BOL site. I can't remember...DUH...getting old.

I'm in no major rush to sell either board and I am talking to Mike about the 196. It's a fantastically versatile board. Once he has come to his final decision then I can move on to whomever is next in line but he has the 1st option at the moment. Di has her house up for sale here in Glenwood. She wants to downsize and I'm supporting her decision. It's time for us to let go of some things and get more orgnized. I've actually been looking to move toward OR. Looking in the Waldport/Newport area. I've been in the mtns so long I could use some serious beach time but still be near the mtns.

Hope all is well in your world!!!

Joel

hi,

SOLD 196 PR SGS: 19 waist, 17 SCR and 5.9 flex, This is a Cadillac

it's gonna hurt, Joel, to part with?

thank you very much for your suggestion, though -- I have no plans to part with twin brother of this 196pr superboard, made for me by your directions instead of split-tail

NICE!!

Any chance I could get a couple high res shots of this emailed to me?

this is a lone shot which JoelP sent me 2yrs ago, when I've considering some longggg board like longest burner or split coiler. he reasoned me into buying long superboard with no split-tail. and - counting that I'm avid swallow rider - I'm happy to not going splittail - my coiler has one meter sweetspot, and I need not to worry about the nonlinear tailspring.

PS another eye-candy from Joel - turn on swallow-tailed AM:

Coiler%20AllMtn%20172%20Top%20sheet%203.JPG

By non-linear tailspring I'd assume they're talking about the effect you get as you move your weight towards the tail as you carve. When you put your weight in back you're putting it on a section that is skinnier than the rest (one side of the split tail) and so it will deflect more under the same weight than the middle or nose section of the board.

By non-linear tailspring I'd assume they're talking about the effect you get as you move your weight towards the tail as you carve. When you put your weight in back you're putting it on a section that is skinnier than the rest (one side of the split tail) and so it will deflect more under the same weight than the middle or nose section of the board.

sure like that! if you find yourself in backseat on carve termination - you CAN find urself in trouble on split-tail. Bordy write about that in old message, which referenced in recent topic in general forum on burner splits

to stay on topic, 196sg superboard is a truly mind-breaker board, and VERY easy to handle even in scary steeps. my speed limit even on SL lifted considerably after 4 consecutive days on this 196. cannot say that i definitely love my racecarve coiler - very nice, though - but superg pure-race is my definitive love now.

to stay on topic, 196sg superboard is a truly mind-breaker board, and VERY easy to handle even in scary steeps. my speed limit even on SL lifted considerably after 4 consecutive days on this 196. cannot say that i definitely love my racecarve coiler - very nice, though - but superg pure-race is my definitive love now.

Sweet - you're making me very excited to try my new toy!

Hi Bryan,

I sold that 195 Split tail last year. Kind of hated to let it go since it was a one of a kind but the 196 rode so much nicer and all around versatile, I had no need to keep the 195 sitting around in storage. I actually think I listed it here and sold it off the BOL site. I can't remember...DUH...getting old.

I'm in no major rush to sell either board and I am talking to Mike about the 196. It's a fantastically versatile board. Once he has come to his final decision then I can move on to whomever is next in line but he has the 1st option at the moment. Di has her house up for sale here in Glenwood. She wants to downsize and I'm supporting her decision. It's time for us to let go of some things and get more orgnized. I've actually been looking to move toward OR. Looking in the Waldport/Newport area. I've been in the mtns so long I could use some serious beach time but still be near the mtns.

Hope all is well in your world!!!

Joel

Thanks Joel, somehow I missed the second part of this post.

A number of riders in the PNW are also surfers, know doubt have some very good sources and have done your research. Let me know if I can provide support in your move west. Actually a couple of BOL riders are on the coast surfing almost daily right now!! They might be able to fill in any blanks?

Portland , is pretty "Big City" , however it is pretty handy , hour and a half to either the coast or mt Hood with Bend 3.5 hours away?

Please say "Hi" to Di for me. Is the Snurfer on the wall yet?

Bryan

Hard to surf daily up here in Oregon with our fickle weather and swell conditions, but we have been getting 2 to 4 sessions in a week. Nice stuff. Usually just Rebecca and myself, sometimes with 1 or 2 other surfers in the water. Newport has some decent surfing areas. We are currently working and playing in the Coos Bay area.

If you have any questions about the Oregon coast Joel, PM me. We have spent a good bit of time surfing up and down it over the last few years. Oh yeah, (disclaimer) it is COLD, FICKLE, and SHARKY!

Buell

Back on topic... I have the 196 in hand now and Joel wasn't kidding about the awesome condition of the board and the quality of the edge work. He obviously takes great care of his gear. I would buy his 186 as well if I didn't already own a PR188 that is very, very similar. Whoever buys the 186 is in for a real treat!