Note to New Members ×

Snowboard Team In Western Mass.

ncermak

This Year, Bousquet (Pittsfield, MA) will be offering a snowboard team for riders aged 8 to 16. We will train SL, GS, Slopestyle, and Boardercross. we will compete in the USASA Massacusetts series. Pricing is unclear right now (approx $1,500). Training will take place on the weekends, and occasional weeknights as needed.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Noah Cermak

Head Coach

I'd be willing to come help out if I could get in some training runs. I'm a college racer, and it would be nice to train some snowboard gates once in awhile(I train mostly with skiers). Anyhow, I'm also an instructor at wachusett, I was planning on getting my aasi cert. last year, but college nationals were the same week. It's good to see more organization starting to form here in MA, and hopefully that will lead to the new series being a sucess.

-Steve Fleck

Snowboard Student Rep. USCSA

Worcester, MA

here's a little backgorund on the WPI thing. The old "coach" seems to have dropped off the face of the planet, and nobody has been able to talk with him yet this year. He was also in charge of the snowboard division of uscsa for the whole country. I'm not exactly sure what they plan on doing to replace him yet, but if you are interested I would send an email to Mark Sullivan. He is the head ski coach for WPI, and runs pretty much everything here in the eastern division. Let him know that I sent you. Not sure exactly what the arrangements were with Sam, our old coach, but Mark can answer any questions you might have better than I. His email is skicoach@wpi.edu. Let me know if for some reason that doesn't work, and I'll see if I can get in touch with him directly. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

-Steve Fleck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...