Note to New Members ×

best spot?

Guest jeffrey1knee

Guest jeffrey1knee

Ok... summer is basically over, fall is here so now it's time to hit the best spots hard.

So, any votes for the best spot in the area???

I know lottatimmy has lots of spots to choose from, he has shown me several.

I'm pretty sure my all around fav is the Hyland trails - lots of ups and downs, smooth, no cars, not really any pee-your-pants fast spots but many that will make you check yourself.

Ok... summer is basically over, fall is here so now it's time to hit the best spots hard.

So, any votes for the best spot in the area???

I know lottatimmy has lots of spots to choose from, he has shown me several.

I'm pretty sure my all around fav is the Hyland trails - lots of ups and downs, smooth, no cars, not really any pee-your-pants fast spots but many that will make you check yourself.

i just got back from calhoun. windy. no cool (mis)adventures.

i don't know of any decent places to go. wish i did. i just tried googling longboard minnesota. not much there.

be nice to find a road thats decent and no cars. the only places i've been on are the mega church on 160th, the baptist church on 42, lake calhoun, lake harriet, and my block.

the just re-paved lac lavon. went on my usually circuit but decided to step out onto the road for a bit. felt great. i was pumping for awhile and got nervous when i started seeing cars.

maybe the thing to do is look for new road construction. last year they were building a new overpass somewhere in rosemount. a coworker invited me to his place to check it out. it would've been do-able. there's been alot of construction going on over there.

love to try sandboarding in the sandpit over on 160th.

Sandboarding? Really?

When I was younger, I took out my old black snow snowboard to the sand dunes on Lake Michigan.

It didn't work... in fact, it didn't work a whole lot.

Even with a steep slope the board was slow as heck, and I quit after

the very first fall when my sand got into my eyes, ears, nose, mouth, not to mention my FOTL's.... agk.

What sounded fun, wasn't such a great idea after all. Hmm..

Let me know when you go Bob. I'd be willing to try it again.

I'm a slow learner.... with snow withdrawls..

To answer the original post, J1K - I don't know about

"Best" but I remember some quiet streets around:

44°48'21.47"N , 93°14'40.54"W

Listening to "Sand " by "DaVinci's Notebook

Sandboarding? Really?

When I was younger, I took out my old black snow snowboard to the sand dunes on Lake Michigan.

It didn't work... in fact, it didn't work a whole lot.

Even with a steep slope the board was slow as heck, and I quit after

the very first fall when my sand got into my eyes, ears, nose, mouth, not to mention my FOTL's.... agk.

What sounded fun, wasn't such a great idea after all. Hmm..

Let me know when you go Bob. I'd be willing to try it again.

I'm a slow learner.... with snow withdrawls..

To answer the original post, J1K - I don't know about

"Best" but I remember some quiet streets around:

44°48'21.47"N , 93°14'40.54"W

Listening to "Sand " by "DaVinci's Notebook

i too am jones-ing for snow.

re: sandboarding. from what i've seen on the web you need a board with a hard surface like formica to ride down dunes. there's a gravel pit in apple valley or rosemount that has these dunes that make me think "what if...". the dunes or sand piles are steep pitch with no run-off. and the sand is coarse with rocks, not like beach sand. i doubt they'd let anyone try it. be cool if there was a place in minnesota where sandboarding is possible.

be cool if there was a dry slope here.