Note to New Members ×

Oes 2008!

Mike T

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys - new member that is just getting started with HB'ing :)

calandar looks good for that weekend so I think I'll be joining the crew! Not sure if I'll be driving up from San Jose or taking a flight...the drive seems like a straight 8 hour shot north.

good forward to meeting all you guys!

My sister,Kristina,will qualify as such very soon(she rightfully wanted to do her first day of the season on her familiar softies)We are planning to attend and will make reservations soon for our stay in Bend.Our birthdays happen to be March 3rd and March 4th! Kristina will be bringing a camera to do lots of video too!

hey guys - new member that is just getting started with HB'ing :)

calandar looks good for that weekend so I think I'll be joining the crew! Not sure if I'll be driving up from San Jose or taking a flight...the drive seems like a straight 8 hour shot north.

good forward to meeting all you guys!

Most of Highway 97 from Weed, CA to Bend is two lane. I've done the drive between Mtn View and Bend twice, and I tend to speed somewhat but not gratuitously, took me 9 hours both times.

Flying from the bay area - there is a direct flight from SFO to Bend (RDM - the airport is actually in Redmond). It's a two hour flight on a 30-seat turbo prop.

Please call ahead to make sure your uber-long Tankers and Tinklers will be accepted as checked baggage, and realize that you do need a car to get around the area and to the mountain.

I should be able to make it, with one or two more in-tow. There are some groomers left that don't have parks and pipes right?

No shortage of park-free groomers here! We've got 'em in all shapes and sizes, including two moderately steep and very wide ones (Thunderbird and Beverly Hills). Also, Upper Carnival, Flying Dutchman and Lower Downunder have some nice natural banked turns.

Wow this is going to be such a fun trip.

I get to finally meet Buell and Rebecca and Mike,

get to meet a bunch of new carvers,

get to see old friends,

get to meet people from my own area that I don't know (Tahoe Carvers),

get to celebrate Steve and Kristina's birthdays - first drink is on me!

Oh and then there is the CARVING!!

Like Zoom said, I'm driving from the SF bay area. Hoping my wife can join me, not sure yet. I've got an Explorer. We've done 4 people to Tahoe with all gear inside, longest thing being a 184. Worst case some of it can go on the roof rack. I'm not making solid plans yet, but I have scheduled the time off work for it. Probably nail everything down when I get back from SES. Yahoo! Of course that will be after my Jan. week in Tahoe. (Gotta rub it in!) Life does not suck right now. (Like it did all summer.) Can't wait to meet the Oregon gang I've met here.

Scott

For those coming from out of town - you can get 5 tickets for $229 (that's $45.80 a day) from Joe's (formerly GI Joe's).

Linky: http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/tickets/Joes.html

Daily tickets at Bachelor are $56. We'll do a group rate if we have enough people who are *willing to put down money up front* but in the past there has been almost nobody interested in that... the non-passholders have generally used similar promotions to this one, or gotten a lodging + lift deal. I don't anticipate we'll be able to do a group rate this season either.

Please note that the Joe's deal is not available at the Bend location.

Happy to help with this.

For you guys out of state , not near a "Joe's"

Email me through the PM or OSB , FLC websites and I can help.

I have to buy them in groups of 5, however, I will do what I can when I get

enough people that want 2s and 3s sort of thing?

They are single coupons you take right to the ticket window to exchange for a lift ticket. Pretty simple.

Bryan

Wow, Ryan! That would be great! I'll see if we can rustle something up for Berg's.

Quentin is looking forward to riding with you soon. He's looking really good - you'd better bring your A game. ;) Look forward to seeing you before we head to Utah and again at OES!

Rebecca

Hey Mike. Are there any posters or flyers for the OES that I could post at the shop here in Eugene?

Thanks.

-Ryan

Absolutely! Email me at mt@tovino.com with your address and I will send you some postcards, as well as some business cards for handing out on the mountain.

(Rebecca and Buell - I've got the same goodies for you guys as well :) )

I am happy to send postcards to anyone else who wants to use them to promote OES... although supplies are somewhat limited. I've got tons of business cards and am happy to send those to anyone!

Guest GQuentin
Absolutely! Email me at mt@tovino.com with your address and I will send you some postcards, as well as some business cards for handing out on the mountain.

(Rebecca and Buell - I've got the same goodies for you guys as well :) )

I am happy to send postcards to anyone else who wants to use them to promote OES... although supplies are somewhat limited. I've got tons of business cards and am happy to send those to anyone!

Hey Mike,

Hopefully I will see you this weekend. I can't wait to make some turns with you.

If it is easier, you can give me the supplies for Ryan, and I can bring them back with me.

Ryan, I'm heading to Virginia on Monday and I will return on the 29th. NO TURN FOR 2 WEEKS!!!! :( I'm hoping we can get together sometime in Jan.. I know your schedule is crazy though.

Thanks again for all your help with my setup,

Quentin

Hi Rebecca & Quentin. Looking forward to a few turns w/ everyone. You all will just have to go easy on the SLOW ;) shop guy.

Safe travels Q. We'll get some turns before its over. Let me know how your gear worked.

So jealous you have all been on snow allready :boxing_sm

Also, Mr. Berg talked to the weather and winter is still supposed to show up in Oregon so lets not give up yet.

Cheers my friends.

-Ryan

Guest GQuentin

Ryan,

I absolutely loved my setup. The Axxess was way beyond any of my expectations. I also tinkered with my stance. I changed my width from 20.5 to 19.5, and went from 58F/55R to 58F/50R. I might go back to the 58/55 though and see how it feels. 50 degrees on my rear boot seems to give a little drag.

The 700's couldn't be more comftable, and the TD2 ti si are perfect. What really made my first day though, was having Buell, Rebecca, Etsu and Don there. They are all incredible riders that gave great advice. Don is an amazing instructor. The guy can carve backwards better than most can forwards. I would love to be able to ride like him one day. He taught me the fundamentals I needed to carve, and how to eliminate my bad habits. I will be taking many lessons from him in the future.

Again, let me know when we can get together. You must be excited to get on the Prior. If I don't see you before Mon. have a merry christmas,

Quentin

23 inches over the past two days, three more feet predicted through the end of the week. Now that's what I'm talking about - time to bring out the good gear! (OK, I did that last Sunday.... but I know where the rocks are...)

This storm should establish the base, all this bodes well for a good OES. Of course if it snows TOO much then my favorite banked turns will be gone!

Hi Mike,

I know you’re stuck at work so I’ll try not to rub it in but...

Woo hooo! Ripped up deep powder yesterday and today! No problem taking out the nice boards now unless you follow me into the trees (remember our joke? Skilled and Stupid = better have your rock board and no fear).

We’re going up again tomorrow and it also sounds like Buell and Rebecca will be there.

Ok, relax and remember... just 3 more days till your extended vacation starts.

Don