Note to New Members ×

Oes 2008!

Mike T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd mention that OES is most definitely a spouse / significant other-friendly event. The core group includes several carving couples, and there's nothing wrong with bringing someone who skis, rides softies, etc. Can't promise we won't try to get 'em hooked though.

Of course if you're tryin' to get away for a long weekend on your own, it'll be plenty of fun for you as well.

If I can find a SO by then, I'll consider bringing her. In the meantime, Its actually looking like I might be able to do this. Its on the calendar and I currently have no conflicts.

Bend is sort of my limit for how far I'll drive, but driving is probably the best option in terms of bringing the quiver. Plus its not easy to fly into anyplace close.

Jim & Hugh, should we plan to carpool? If I put the roofbox on, we should be able to fit everything. We could get a small suite at the Riverhouse or Shilo Inn and share the costs.

I prefer the idea of Sinecure, Jim, and Hugh in one vehicle. :biggthump

Jim (driver) and I are planning to pickup our Hawaii friend in SF and then drive up. Plenty of time to make plans.

We just need to figure out lodging and lift tickets, the rest is easy :biggthump

With Sin doing his scissors thing at rest stops, I'm not sure that we will all make it...

post-92-141842235436_thumb.gif

I prefer the idea of Sinecure, Jim, and Hugh in one vehicle. :biggthump

That would be a lively trip...but good times. :freak3: Just kidding.

Looks like there will be more than one car for this session. Sorry Sinecure, my truck filled up in one night. I'm sure your ride, which is mo betta will to. I have Hugh and another carver from Sacramento in my truck before picking up a carver from Maui at Sac airport on the way out. We're looking at riding Wed - Sat for now. Still considering where to stay.

Jim (driver) and I are planning to pickup our Hawaii friend in SF and then drive up. Plenty of time to make plans.

We just need to figure out lodging and lift tickets, the rest is easy :biggthump

With Sin doing his scissors thing at rest stops, I'm not sure that we will all make it...

Plans have already changed to pick up at Sac airport on the way out. Just fine tuning.

If I can find a SO by then, I'll consider bringing her. In the meantime, Its actually looking like I might be able to do this. Its on the calendar and I currently have no conflicts.

Bend is sort of my limit for how far I'll drive, but driving is probably the best option in terms of bringing the quiver. Plus its not easy to fly into anyplace close.

Jim & Hugh, should we plan to carpool? If I put the roofbox on, we should be able to fit everything. We could get a small suite at the Riverhouse or Shilo Inn and share the costs.

Things are moving fast. I'll email you.

• 1 month later...

We've set up OES as an Amazon affiliate in order to raise some $ for OES. The money will be put towards the costs of organizing and running the event, including but not limited to

-web site hosting costs

-printed material - business cards, postcards, banners

For those not familiar with e-store affiliate program, it's simple: we put links to Amazon on the OES website, and when someone clicks through from the OES website to Amazon and then buy something, OES gets a small percentage of the purchase as a "referral fee". The buyer pays the same as they would pay if they had navigated directly to Amazon.

So, if you're going to buy something at Amazon anyway, please help the OES cause and go to the OES Amazon affiliate page first:

http://www.oregones.com/amazon.php

Then click through to Amazon from there and go shopping.

All proceeds will be used for OES, if we collect more than we anticipate from the referral program we *will* find a way to use it to enhance the event. We can always reserve a private run!

Ha! I was just going to amazon to buy some DVD's. Good timimg. Mike, have you consider asking Gavin if he wants to do a clinic there?

<edit> Mike, do you click the "amazon.com" link in the first paragraph? Just want to be sure.

Any link that leads to amazon from that page does the trick :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those coming from out of town - you can get 5 tickets for $229 (that's $45.80 a day) from Joe's (formerly GI Joe's).

Linky: http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/tickets/Joes.html

Daily tickets at Bachelor are $56. We'll do a group rate if we have enough people who are *willing to put down money up front* but in the past there has been almost nobody interested in that... the non-passholders have generally used similar promotions to this one, or gotten a lodging + lift deal. I don't anticipate we'll be able to do a group rate this season either.

Please note that the Joe's deal is not available at the Bend location.

• 2 weeks later...
We've set up OES as an Amazon affiliate in order to raise some $ for OES. The money will be put towards the costs of organizing and running the event, including but not limited to

-web site hosting costs

-printed material - business cards, postcards, banners

For those not familiar with e-store affiliate program, it's simple: we put links to Amazon on the OES website, and when someone clicks through from the OES website to Amazon and then buy something, OES gets a small percentage of the purchase as a "referral fee". The buyer pays the same as they would pay if they had navigated directly to Amazon.

So, if you're going to buy something at Amazon anyway, please help the OES cause and go to the OES Amazon affiliate page first:

http://www.oregones.com/amazon.php

Then click through to Amazon from there and go shopping.

All proceeds will be used for OES, if we collect more than we anticipate from the referral program we *will* find a way to use it to enhance the event. We can always reserve a private run!

I thought this deserved a bump since it's that time of year to be spending money online. I just placed an order at Amazon to help the cause.

I plan on driving up from Reno and will be looking into lodging soon. I hear the prices are a lot cheaper in Bend and that's where the evening events are anyway. What is the average drive time from Bend to the hill?

RT

I thought this deserved a bump since it's that time of year to be spending money online. I just placed an order at Amazon to help the cause.

I plan on driving up from Reno and will be looking into lodging soon. I hear the prices are a lot cheaper in Bend and that's where the evening events are anyway. What is the average drive time from Bend to the hill?

RT

Thanks Randy :biggthump

It's about 30 minutes from "in town" to the hill, in good weather, driving conservatively. I'm 5 minutes out of town towards Bachelor and it usually takes me 22 minutes driving "locals speed" (know the road well, and where the cops hang out).

Randy, it is a short half hour going the speed limit. It is an easy drive from town, no steep grades or sharp turns to speak off. Getting a room towards the south side of town puts you at around 20 minutes or so.

There are some other handy tid-bits we will meter out soon too. Like where to get "Slopeside" parking and save the hike up to the base area.

Motels I have stayed at are perhaps not as nice as what Steve mentioned but are around 40$ or even less. Don't be afraid to say, "Hey, if I stay 3 nights can you give me a break?" or " What is your COMMERCIAL rate?" and then show them a buiness card you picked up a year ago from a friend :biggthump

I have been fortunate the last few years to stay with generous friends, however, I have been in more than a few seedy motels in Bend over the years:eplus2: