Note to New Members ×

40% - 50% off sale at Island Sports in RI

dano

Due to overwhelming response we have extended our yard sale!!

NOW! - Sept. 2nd

Last-minute deals...

Up to 50% off selected brands!

Shoe sale!!

50% OFF on selected models/brands starting Sat. Sept 1 -3rd.

40% OFF Angulo Surfboards. Sizes 6' - 9'6" Ex. 6' Fish Retail $435, Sale 261.00. 18 to choose from. Now only 10!

Over 50% OFF Windsurfers, includes JP Australia, Starboard and more. Ex. JP Freestyle - Retail $1849, Sale $899. 50 Sailboards to choose from. Now only 39!

Over 50% OFF Gun Windsurfing sails. Ex. Flash 7.4 - Retail $479, Sale $239. Over 100 Windsurfing sails here for your selection. Now only 46!

Island Epoxy Surfboards - 30% OFF 5'10'' - 9' 8''. Ex. 9'8'' Longboard - Retail $560, Sale $392. 14 Epoxy surfboards to choose from. Now only 8!

Bic Surfboards 5'10'' - 7' 6'' Ex. 5'10'' Retail $279, Sale $223. 20 to choose from Now only 11!

All Instock Bicycles 20% off. Cross Country 1.0 Mountain bike reg $465 sale $372!

All Liquid Force Wakeboard Packages and Accessories - 20% OFF. The Trip reg $419 sale $335!

Select Top of the line Wetsuits and Drysuits up to 50% OFF. NeilPryde 3000 series 3/3 Steamer reg. $159 sale now $99

Get down to Island Sports now to take advantage of the dramatic savings!!!

Liquid Force

Trip Wakeboard

Combo

Was $419

NOW $335

JP Freestyle Wave Pro Edition 2006 93L

Was $1849

NOW $899

Island Epoxy BGT

Was $480

NOW $336

yeah Platt was a bit odd though very gung ho about windsurfing back in the day. When did they sell out? was that when the name switched from Island Windsurfing to IW?. As for Redney, he's always been a prick to me so it's been 25 years since I've spent a dollar in his shop. I used to shop at Water Brothers but these days it's 7ply or Mile High

yeah Platt was a bit odd though very gung ho about windsurfing back in the day. When did they sell out? was that when the name switched from Island Windsurfing to IW?. As for Redney, he's always been a prick to me so it's been 25 years since I've spent a dollar in his shop. I used to shop at Water Brothers but these days it's 7ply or Mile High

I worked at Platt's shop way back when. :mad:

When Bill owned Redney's he always treated me right.

Water Bros has always been the the real deal shop tho.

Sid would always cut ya deals when he had a buzz on.

Sid is the man ! :biggthump

post-123-141842234441_thumb.jpg

picked up another surfboard!

i think this has got the quiver rounded out-

6'2'' swallowtail

*new* 7' gun

7'6'' funboard

9' performance longboard

:biggthump

thanks a ton for the heads up, the board was a lot more appealing at 300 than 440!

My Pleasure! Nice score! I'm VERY happy somebody capitalized. You gotta jump on these last minute sales... Both my daily driver windsurf boards are frankenchristified with multiple repair jobs so I wanted to shoot down and see what they had, but I couldn't make it happen. :( Glad YOU did though.

I did get some great cruising in with the family. We were out over 6 hours on saturday and had some fun stops. I even managed to collide with a police boat... No harm done...

post-182-141842234445_thumb.jpg

I worked at Platt's shop way back when. :mad:

When Bill owned Redney's he always treated me right.

Water Bros has always been the the real deal shop tho.

Sid would always cut ya deals when he had a buzz on.

Sid is the man ! :biggthump

Man, I knew there was something familiar about you. I started working for Platt and Nancy on Martha's Vineyard back in 1978, then managed the shop on MV from 1980-1982 after they moved the main operation to Newport. Also spent a winter running their Key Biscayne beach operation in 1982. Spent plenty of time chasing those two around race courses back in the triangle racing dayz too. I still have an original stock hog daggerboard that says "Lessons are cancelled - too much wind!" we used to hang on the board rack when it was too windy to teach and we were out sailing. Good times!

AK,

It's worth a trip to Newport just to check it out. Look up Gecko.

Island Sports is stocked to the gills with cool water toys.

I'll bet there's something in there that you can't live without. Swarthy Dan knows it's all about having good connections and being the right email list.

I got my first Naish kite there with my 50% discount through the Providence Pheonix.

Also scored 2 pairs of burton race plates 2 for 1 before I worked there.

Remember my old Bic Presto sailboard dano ? bought it used there at a swap.

Even met Gabby Reece across the street having breakfast before a volleyball tourney once.

ps,dano- landed a kite yesterday and it was bill levins from dynastar/lange fame and stowe/ nantucket fame.Haven't seen him in years. btw,he doesn't windsurf anymore , either :lol:

post-123-141842234458_thumb.jpg