Note to New Members ×

Burton Supermodel's back

Pow

they were out last year in very limited numbers, even were on steep and cheap

blue tomato had them for awhile

from what I've heard is they are a very capable freerider not really a master of any one given thing but good to do it all

basically for the guys who think the Malolo is too directional but still want a touch of taper.

the old super models were specifically shaped so that they felt smaller than they actually were while offering more edge and surface area.

it was reccomended that you ride a bigger supermodel than your usual board, not sure if the philosophy is still the same or not but that's why the old ones had tight sidecuts

hey! why you gota make fun this board kicks ass. Its core is designed for park, pipe, and rails, its got a carbon backbone you know thats got to make it stiff, a base material designed to make the graphics pop, vaportech to optimize everything, and if that is not enough it has supernatural powers. $649.95 is a crazy deal for a board comming off burtons quality assembly line. and who says 8.5 is a small sidecut that’s like almost 2 meters bigger than any of my other boards and 164 is way to freakin long for me. anyway I bet you anything shaun rides one when hes not in the pipe. I totally want one!!!!!!

:barf:

$649.95 is a crazy deal for a board comming off burtons quality assembly line. and who says 8.5 is a small sidecut that’s like almost 2 meters bigger than any of my other boards and 164 is way to freakin long for me. anyway I bet you anything shaun rides one when hes not in the pipe. I totally want one!!!!!!

Good Lord, I hope you're kidding.

Burton and Quality should never be used in the same sentence.

And, honestly, I doubt that anyone here gives a rat's ass what "shaun" rides.

hey! why you gota make fun this board kicks ass. Its core is designed for park, pipe, and rails, its got a carbon backbone you know thats got to make it stiff, a base material designed to make the graphics pop, vaportech to optimize everything, and if that is not enough it has supernatural powers. $649.95 is a crazy deal for a board comming off burtons quality assembly line. and who says 8.5 is a small sidecut that’s like almost 2 meters bigger than any of my other boards and 164 is way to freakin long for me. anyway I bet you anything shaun rides one when hes not in the pipe. I totally want one!!!!!!

:barf:

go right ahead, but im waiting for mine till next season when they put spinners on it, suckahh:cool:

spinners? like the burton Air has in the topsheet? 54859.jpg

here's some info on the board in question http://burton2008.com/

Burton stuff isn't that bad, you guy really need to ride current high end burton gear before making statements like "quality and burton don't belong in the same sentence"

compared to 95% of the junk out there it rides better, lasts as long and as far as bindings are pretty much the best in class unless you go catek and don't mind a binding that literally weighs 2 to 2.5 times as much

all you burton haters tend to only know their alpine lineup or you're park rats that will ride whatever as long as it's cool and burton is not because it's the company that most noobs get their gear from.

Sorry bob, but my last softie board (before my injury that put me back in hardboots permanently) was a supermodel with c14 bindings. the supermodel was a firggin noodle, topsheet peeling after 10 days, and the "top of the line" bindings just plain sucked. too flexible and developed cracks in less than a season. For the money, there is much better gear available. Never Summer comes to mind, and Salomon and Nidecker Bindings. Not to mention Catek.

You may have had different experiences, but aside from Fire boots, I haven't liked any gear I've had from Burton on it since the asym era...

But I do like their clothes.

I'm still riding my 156 Supermodel - it's 11 years old and still my favorite. It performs nicely in powder, trees, crud, bumps, and groomers. I smile every time. When I saw the Supermodel was coming out again, I wanted to buy it on the spot. I'll hold out until I see some reviews though.

My burton bindings are another story. I've had to replace the straps several times and I keep pulling the bindings off my board. Then again, I'm an aggressive rider and I've having the same problem w/ the newer Salomon bindings.

Summary:

Burton Supermodel = :1luvu:

Burton bindings = :sleep:

I keep pulling the bindings off my board.

Are you sure thats not an insert problem? I have seen bindings rip from the board due to both, and the bindings usually involve blowing up (the boards pulled or stripped inserts, something I did to my Supermodel 6 years ago).

Sorry bob, but my last softie board (before my injury that put me back in hardboots permanently) was a supermodel with c14 bindings. the supermodel was a firggin noodle, topsheet peeling after 10 days, and the "top of the line" bindings just plain sucked. too flexible and developed cracks in less than a season. For the money, there is much better gear available. Never Summer comes to mind, and Salomon and Nidecker Bindings. Not to mention Catek.

You may have had different experiences, but aside from Fire boots, I haven't liked any gear I've had from Burton on it since the asym era...

But I do like their clothes.

peeling after ten days, did you send it back?

Noodle? who'd think a powder specific board that was built to feel smaller than it actually is would feel like a noodle. I for one never liked the boards in question. the canyon, custom and FL were all better boards. the supermodel was capped too, caps suck but they are lighter.

c14s, there were some issues that some people had but at the time they were the best thing going unless you were on nideckers but even then nideckers are not for everybody nevermind the weight. if the C14 was too soft for you're in the minority, I was riding the CFX(same thing but slightly different because it's a year older) for ages, probably put 200 days on a pair of those and not putting around light use style. think being jammed into work carts, on the back of sleds, cats and just being beat all to hell in both CO back country and resorts as well as being my go to binding in ME for awhile to again, if they cracked in less than a year then you should have gotten a replacement.

I used to break so much ****, it was unreal, burton stuff other than the physics bindings generally lasted longer, rode better and when it did get busted up I'd get new stuff fast and without bull****. their alpine gear was not stellar but not terrible either.

Never Summer makes a fine product, as many others in the industry do, most don't though and you really need to ride solomon, rosignol and a few other big names to realize burton usually outcompetes the competition from the big guys or is at least just as good.

Hmm, Burton ain't bad. It's even great price for quality. Oh did I mention that Proforms of Burton are easy to get if you're able to do some easy tricks in the park?. Especially their clothes are best value ever if you get them say :lol:65% off list price. For allround boards that do a bit of everything I like Burtons, other big names don't do it any better IMHO at least speaking of the older generation boards produced in lower Austria (I know someone who got a trailer full of snowboards the day the company closed as the couldn't get a grip to the market after producing exclusively for Burton for more than 20 years).

Nah, for real freeriding look elsewhere. There loads of tiny manufacturers and shapers who turn out the real ****. Try some Elan OEMs to know what real quality means (like Titanal layers as well for freeriding - great when landing on some rocks), or small French shapers who output incredible Swallowtails that really show you why many associate freeriding to surfing. :1luvu: