Note to New Members ×

Dating Speedsters?

Mr.E

I have recently seen two Speedster Rs', and am not sure on how the linage goes. Last season was the full yellow (I think?)? The two i have seen both look generally similar- round tail, yellow "conshoxy" graphic, both show wood grain, both are the same size. One had a clear over the wood, the other a yellow coat. Are these different years, or just batch differences? Anything different on the inside?

Thanks guys.

I was thinking the same thing - it must be a Bomber sickness that we all share.

The RS's have been different schemes of yellow for a while. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the yellow has been in use on the RS since the late '90's. I know that I still have a '99 hanging on the wall that is yellow and has the "conshox" outline, and I don't believe that was the first year that they were yellow. That was when they had square tails with aluminum protectors.

As far as the wood grain, they had that 2 and 3 seasons ago ('04/05, and '05/06) One year was clear, the other year was a translucent yellow. This past year ('06/07 as you can still see in the Bomber store) it was solid yellow.

Thats pretty much how i have them narrowed down-

The 06/07 are pretty obvious, but the internal and external differences (if any)on the 05/06 and 04/05 are lost on me. My thoughts are that the yellow clear coat are 05/06, and the non-tinted clear coat are 04/05. I think 04 was the first year of the round tail, and the year they took out some carbon for a wee bit of titanal? I think its also the year they "integrated" the conshox, but don't know how they have changed since.

The real dating woe was getting a boys hopes up for the 196 and then discontinuing it. :1luvu::flamethro

Eric, don't get any ideas :eplus2: I have photos of MINE!!!

To add to the confusion, some of the "Factory Boards" or "Race Stock" (Boards built for the pro racers) have a mix of graphics from different years. I really like the "Hot" website and what they have done for the archive of their boards. I wish every manufacturer would do something similar.

I think their are a few photo in the gallery of FINELINECLUB.COM

Who meeeeeeeeeeeee? :D

No, thats the board that got me thinking though. Sure is pretty.... :eplus2:

Not quite as sharp as Doug's with the Tinkler plate . But that may be a Tinkler plate with an F2.

Hots web site is awesome. It would be great if everyone (at least the biggies) did that. Actually, it would be cool if Bruce had, Sean and Chris had running logs of every board they churned out.

Who meeeeeeeeeeeee? :D

No, thats the board that got me thinking though. Sure is pretty.... :eplus2:

Not quite as sharp as Doug's with the Tinkler plate . But that may be a Tinkler plate with an F2.

Hots web site is awesome. It would be great if everyone (at least the biggies) did that. Actually, it would be cool if Bruce had, Sean and Chris had running logs of every board they churned out.

Kinda what I thought might have spured the question.

FYI. The 195cm F2 with Full Tinkler Plate has changed hands.

It is still however in the PNW.