Note to New Members ×

Is it winter yet(spoiler)?

Paulk

Hey guys, Thanks for listening to my homesick rants. In case I'm never heard from again, I leave today for the city of Santiago at 7am...my flight isn't until 9pm..To wander a city where I can't speak the language. I leave you with some more shots from friday.

post-520-141842234382_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842234385_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842234388_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Paul, don't you ever work? Well, I guess the money for these great trips must come from somewhere???????????? (Care to share?)

Hey Kathy! The secret to a great ski season is really a simple formula. (Single male + modest income) - (steady relationship + responsibility) * (flex time + great friends) As illustrated, you can see how relationship and responsibility could really impact a season, and since my story of relationships is more fitting in a "waaaay off topic " forum, I instead find the time for great trips....

Sunday night and I write from the comfort of my home dial-up connection. Yesterdays excursion into Santiago was a success, although only because of the company of a good friend. Some random thoughts for the week: I really should of paid more attention in high school spanish classes, Groomed snow is the same everywhere in the world, untracked powder is really scarce, snowboarders and skiers can get along together, and the best place to meet new friends is on a ski trip.

Thanks to Shredder Jen for letting me tag along on her trip. I wouldn't have been there without her help. Hopefully she will chime in soon with some of her pictures from the week and keep this alive until at least september:)

Guest shrederjen

Yes, we really were there...

While in Chile, I met this hardbooter dude.

He let me ride his Burton Board.

Of course, I had to let him ride my Madd...That was a mistake, cause, I nearly had to pry it out of his hands!

The 3rd board, the one I rode the most, due to conditions, was this little Dynastar 3800. Oh boy, oh boy....I have found my favorite powder board! It rips like snot on groomers, too. This last picture was taken after a little climb up a hill.

post-1083-141842234404_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234406_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234408_thumb.jpg

Guest shrederjen

Yes, 2 of us rode hardboots the whole trip. We had friends and made friends with some softbooters, too. Here are two less experienced riders that became more experienced, fast!!! Betsy on the groomer, Peggy in the Pow, and a dorky pow pic of me. You can see, it was really crowded.....

post-1083-14184223441_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234412_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234414_thumb.jpg

Guest shrederjen

And there was powder... these were in the quazi out-of-bounds area, inbetween Valle Nevado, La Parva, and El Colorado.

The first one is of Mike from New York.

The last two are myself, loving the pow...

post-1083-141842234416_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234418_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234421_thumb.jpg

Guest shrederjen

First one, I took of Woody, from the chairlift....

I told him, he owes me for these pow pics.

Hopefully, he will send me the ripping cord shots he took on our last day.

These last 3 are of Woody, in various states of disrepair....

What fun, what fun!!!

The last pic shows that sometimes, you just have to look out and enjoy the view.

post-1083-141842234423_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234425_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234428_thumb.jpg

Guest shrederjen
I'll bring the tequila if you do :-) and then we just need a man to do the shotz off.

I went 10 days without Tequilla, if you can believe that! But, then there was a lot of red wine, in the hottub, Piscos before dinner, and perhaps half a dark beer at lunch, every day..... I may try to make it out for the last 3 days of SES...

I love my 163 3800 :1luvu: . It's a great freeride board with more of a trend towards the softer snow. Although it can hold an edge on hard-pack and you can rail it, it does feel slightly out of it's element.

Still a great board though, I love it!!! - THANKS BORIS!

-Gord

Guest shrederjen

Okay, back to the Madd 170 for day 9 of 9 in Valle Nevado.

Yes, Im counting this as my last day of the season for 2007.

2007-2008 starts in November!!! (unless they have snow in Hawaii in October.....which has happened before!!!)

Heres my cord pics.

Enjoy.

I sure did.

Jen

post-1083-141842234491_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234493_thumb.jpg

post-1083-141842234495_thumb.jpg