Note to New Members ×

Mounting screws for 1991 Lib Tech Inner-Course

tex1230

Correct, 1/4 -20 is what you need.

Mike Olson tried to "Go American" but it cost them big time.

Lots of damaged boards (even though it specified the bolt thread on the board)

Nice try, but it wasn't worth trying to swim upstream.

Hope your threads are ok?

Off to the corner hard ware store :biggthump

yeah, they are correct -- 1/4-20 bolts. would be stable if you dont intent to do alot of tweaking, if you use the -blue- loctite. Also, you'll have to search for old bindings that will work on this board. i managed to get lucky and acquire/bought an old burton bindings with this particular hole pattern (before standarization of 4x4 hole). so good luck with those old bindings.

as for mervin mfg, im SOL. They shut down their Seattle factory and relocated it to their Gnu factory in Port Angeles (apparently, quiksilver felt it was too expensive to maintain the factory in Seattle, which is true and shut it down accordingly). The staffs I knew were pretty much gone. The only staffs I know that still works with 'em is Mike Olson, Pete Saari and Steve Cobb. As for the rest, like I said, Im SOL.

oldsnowboards, hello, buddy. i must say mervin mfg are -still- going American, by producing their products out in US, except for few other branches of business which are made in China. Not to mention woods from Canada, as well. Hence, my reasonings to stay "american" by buying stuffs from Mervin MFG, and Im seriously considering acquiring Donek race boards. -MAYBE- Lib Tech skis, or Donek skis, since I truly swear with my UPZ boots as in skiing boots.

EDIT: well, from what i recall, those boards with the "flower" emboss pattern board were real bad in terms of delaminating. from what ive heard from old timers staffs, they said how they made board were really "home-brewed." For instance, if they need to heat up the metal to make 'em malleable, they used batteries for it. :eek:

not stripped! it took me a long time to find the bindings, but it looks like i'll be all set once i find the bolts. thanks guys!

i got my bolts from ace hardware, and it works fine. :) We gotta hook up and ride it sometimes this winter. Goofy or Regular Asym ?

The only staffs I know that still works with 'em is Mike Olson, Pete Saari and Steve Cobb. As for the rest, like I said, Im SOL.

oldsnowboards, hello, buddy. i must say mervin mfg are -still- going American, by producing their products out in US, except for few other branches of business which are made in China. Not to mention woods from Canada, as well. Hence, my reasonings to stay "american" by buying stuffs from Mervin MFG, and Im seriously considering acquiring Donek race boards. -

EDIT: well, from what i recall, those boards with the "flower" emboss pattern board were real bad in terms of delaminating. from what ive heard from old timers staffs, they said how they made board were really "home-brewed." For instance, if they need to heat up the metal to make 'em malleable, they used batteries for it. :eek:

Yes indeed, they are one of the last holdouts to continue production here in the states. Kudos!! Love to hear more stores like this of their early days. The "Flower" pattern is said to be from an old plastic table cloth, like the red and white one Grandma used to have!! Good stuff. Ride on!

Bryan

Yes indeed, they are one of the last holdouts to continue production here in the states. Kudos!! Love to hear more stores like this of their early days. The "Flower" pattern is said to be from an old plastic table cloth, like the red and white one Grandma used to have!! Good stuff. Ride on!

Bryan

hmm, would you still like for me to somehow someway hook u up with those boys? for the stories, that is.