Note to New Members ×

When global warming closes all ski resorts?

bjvircks

Great photos, it appears that you picked a good time to come to San Berdoo. The weather this time of year is clear mornings turning to tan smog in the afternoons. In that one shot you can see alot of San Bernardino Valley, which is rare for this time of year.

Do you still want to get together?? Give me a call if you like.

Aaron

Hi Aaron... I'd still like to get together, but timing is dificult. 8:00pm tomorrrow or Friday?

The good time of day for me to fly is 12:00 to 5:00 The best time for Joe to train is 5:00 tandem flight (drive up at 4:00) then low training hill from 6:00 to 7:30. At 8:00pm sometimes we just want to grab a bite to eat and sack out. Also, there are a couple of things Joe and I still want to do. Joe wants to spend some time at the beach and I want to see a couple of the Frank Lloyd Wright 'Textile Block' houses in LA. And to further complicate things... I really should visit my brother in Fontana, and because of his goofy work schedule he wants us to drop by during our prime training time.

About my being up so late now...

Tonight is kind of different... Joe and I are kind of wound up. Today Joe flew his first solo! from Marshall Peak, about 4,000 ft vert.

Brad, it was a pleasure to meet you and your son. I was glad we were able to make that work. YOu sure are one proud pop when it comes to your son and his maiden solo flight, the videos were great!! Congrats again to you Joe, I especially like the belly in landing!! I think that it would be appropriate to finally use this smiley!! :ices_ange:ices_ange:ices_ange . Joe, you got wings!!!

Let me know when you plan on coming out to Tahoe, hopefully we can meet again and do some carving together.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron... great to finally meet up with you, and meet Terry as well! Such a deal... a 'two-fer'. I'd guess Terry is here at BOL also. (Terry, you getting this?)

Sorry we didn't spend any time talking carving, but I guess I was on a mission:ices_ange . My girlfriend and I will be staying at the foot of Heavenly from Feb 3 to Feb 10. We'll fly to Sacramento (best frequent flyer deal) and rent 4x4.

If things play out this winter I may use Christmas break to come back to SoCal to fly hang gliders on my own and do some local riding. I'd like to get some special skills sign-offs reestablished (expired during 16 year break from flying) so I can rent a glider in Hawaii.

All the best

Brad

I'll see what I can do about replacing my offensive profile photo.:rolleyes: